PDA

View Full Version : TT in the SB...pretty lost, ok very lost

ProfLupin
02-13-2005, 11:53 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Turn: (4 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button folds.

River: (7 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

My concerns...

1. Preflop...is this an easy value raise or do you just complete?

2. Flop: Bet out here? Call if you get raised? I wanted to see if I could check-raise a late position bet and slim the field...whiffed.

3. Turn...I think this is an easy bet given the flop check-through I definately call a raise.

4. River...I think i was just gonna call, but a sudden gut feeling told me I might have a better chance at taking the pot by check-raising...how horrible was this? Or was it good?

Stork
02-14-2005, 12:01 AM
I prefer to bet-fold this river. It seems like for a check-raise to work here, UTG must have specifically an 8. The rest looks good.

mikeyKay
02-14-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

1. Preflop...is this an easy value raise or do you just complete?

[/ QUOTE ]

i rasie this everytime.

[ QUOTE ]

2. Flop: Bet out here? Call if you get raised? I wanted to see if I could check-raise a late position bet and slim the field...whiffed.

[/ QUOTE ]

i lead out just about everytime here...there is a decent chance it will get checked through, plus you miss a chance to pick up some bets before your opponents fold their overcards, and run the risk of giving a free-bee to overcards.

[ QUOTE ]

3. Turn...I think this is an easy bet given the flop check-through I definately call a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

the turn HAS to be bet

[ QUOTE ]

4. River...I think i was just gonna call, but a sudden gut feeling told me I might have a better chance at taking the pot by check-raising...how horrible was this? Or was it good?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, not sure how i feel about this...i like the idea of betting out, and calling the raise (read dependent). i think the CR is a bad move, because you there is a chance you will be 3-bet by a hand that beats you. plus i dont see him folding for one more bet in this situation...check call and induce a bluff maybe, but CR'ing just looks like spewing to me.

-mike

TStoneMBD
02-14-2005, 12:58 AM
raise pf. bet flop. bet turn. im not sure if betting the river is better than checking or not, but i see no point in raising whatsoever.

kidcolin
02-14-2005, 01:15 AM
Prefop - fine. Raise that everytime, 3 bet a good portion, too.

Flop - A bet is definitely in order.

Turn - Fine.

River - Either check-call, bet-call, or bet-fold, depending on the player. I'd most likely show this hand down, but I also think I pay off on the river too much.

BK_
02-14-2005, 01:28 AM
raise preflop everytime

bet the flop, no reason to believe you are behind, and the hand becomes much harder to play if someone bets behind you on the flop

turn, easy bet

river: i think c/r is just spewing chips. he doesnt fold hands that beat yours enough at all. in fact im not sure if he folds one hand that beats yours. the decision is whether to check call or bet/fold. i check call here. to try to pick off a turned busted straight draw

ProfLupin
02-14-2005, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the responses guys, looks like I missed a flop bet, and the river was ugly. However, both opponents folded to my check-raise, so I dragged the pot.