PDA

View Full Version : Belinda is correct about TRUE poker'stimeouts

08-29-2002, 02:06 AM
I played 10-20 for a while at TRUE poker and had the same thing that Belinda descibes happen to me on 3 occasions before I quit. Win the pot, get timed out, come back and get none of the pot.They tried to tell me it was my server, I changed servers and had the same thing happen again. Too much to keep track of.

Belinda is right--it gets expensive!!

08-29-2002, 02:42 AM
Dear Sir:

Truepoker allows one "time-out/all-in" in ring game play, subject to review for abuse. If your hands "timed out" and nevertheless were best in a showdown as you described, you still should have won the main pot. You say you got nothing. Did you time out before calling any bets before the flop ?

Additionally, a Truepoker player who has a disconnect may request a Host to re-set his allowed time-out.

On the other hand, because some online players abuse the "timed-out" or the "disconnect" ability to angle shoot, Truepoker reviews carefully any complaints or occurrences where a suspect "all-in" hand wins the pot or might have taken a "free shot" at the pot.

If you would supply your player nickname to me at management@truepoker.com, I would be happy to review your circumstances for the three hands you indicate you referred to Support or the onsite Host.

(Finally, in the event of a server crash, Truepoker routinely pays any winners for hands which had gone to the river, meanwhile the losing hands get their money back.)

Truepoker Management

08-29-2002, 03:23 AM
Thank you for the response. This was now over a year ago. I havn't played at your site since, actually for that very reason.

Having read Belinda's posts on the subject I do remember her and I personally had the same problem. It was often time consuming trying to get back online and I too missed the last five hands by the time I got back online. On two occasions I contacted the hosts and he told me to write support. I did but got a generic answer. I then felt there was no chance to get the pots back. I gave it one more try and when this happened again, I felt I had to quit, like she says it was getting expensive. This all happened prior to last years world series, so it has been over a year.

I don't know Belinda but I was playing then and often 3 or 4 players would get knocked off line at the same time. When that happened we would get no part of the pots even if we had the dead nuts. I'm sure this is what she is talking about. This is why I left TRUE poker. Sounds like you have the problem fixed.

I may comeback, the 10-20 game was good. But I don't understand why people are being so tough with her, what she says did happen--I was there to see it.

08-29-2002, 11:47 AM
You don't understand why people are being so hard on Belinda????? Perhaps because he is being accusatory, rude and has provided nothing but inneuendo and rumors to substantiate his loss. I can scream bloody murder to the IRS and say they owe me money but will that cause anything other than my blood pressure to increase? Why should a business be any different? Yes you were there and saw it happen, I thought you had server disconnects and could not see your own hand much less Belindas!!!!! Or perhaps there was collusion going on and you knew Belinda had the winner! Hmmmmmmm, now the picture is becoming much more clear!! See how a shortage of verifiable information can be construed? I do not think you or Belinda did anything other than catch a bad break but providing stories and not data does nothing to further your purpose. IMHO

Net Kook Numero UNO

08-29-2002, 05:20 PM
I don't want to argue with you or anyone else.

What I said and -meant- was I was there at TRUE poker during the period that THERE WERE DISCONNECTS DUE TO THERE SERVER AND THE THERE WERE PLAYERS INCLUDING ME THAT HAD THE BEST HAND AND DIDN'T GET ANY OF THE POT BECAUSE WE WERE DISCONNECTED. I along with Belinda felt this was not right altho we have never taked about it I have only read her postings here. Apparently she tried to get her money back. I didn't fight it and quit playing there for that very reason.

I do not know her but do remember playing with her in large part because she was always friendly fun and nice to other players. I resent your statement about collusion. If your truly interested READ MY POST. I WAS WITNESS TO THE FACT THAT THERE WERE DISCONNECTS BECAUSE OF THERE SERVER AT THE TIME AT TRUE POKER AND IF YOU WERE NOT ONLINE AT THE END OF THE HAND YOU HAD NO CHANCE TO GET ANY OF THE POT. IT WAS JUST AS SHE HAS STATED.

08-29-2002, 05:59 PM
David,

The way your all in feature works in combination with the frequent server disconnects, in combination with a ridiculously short decision time interval to "time out",,,

make it virtually IMPOSSIBLE for a player not to exceed their "all in " proteciton limit in any session that's more than a few minutes long.

I won't be back to Truepoker until you guy's fix your server and connectivity problems. You are the worst of the major sites, and indeed no one even remotely comes close to the connectivity reliability problems you guys have.

08-30-2002, 11:16 AM
I think there's a good chance that increasing the number of hand histories available may solve this problem.

I also have experienced having the nuts and getting none of the pot. I'm pretty sure it happened, but... I immediately requested that hand history... when it didn't show up within a few hands, I requested the last five hands... when they didn't show up within about 10 minutes I contacted the host and told him the exact hand (4h5h) I had and that I had flopped the nut straight which turned into a 3 way split by the river... host told me to email support, requesting histories for all the hands I had played that day... I did so... no reply... maybe, just maybe I was wrong... but I really would like to have seen the hand history.

This happened on July 12, 2002 at approximately 8:30 PM EDT on table Gold.

08-30-2002, 12:56 PM
I'll have the hand found and send it to you.

Thanks for the opportunity to fix this lapse. The Host told you what happened, but Support should have located and sent you the hand when you asked them also for help.

We will look at expanding the number of hand histories directly available to players onsite.

Truepoker Management

08-30-2002, 01:41 PM
Dear Tower,

I have reviewed the hand you mentioned and asked Support to email you a copy. You did flop a straight, to the 7. By the river however, you were left in a three way tie for second (with a straight to the eight). The actual main pot winner was a fourth player who had turned a straight to the 9, and had been short-stacked.

The hand history indicates that you were not shorted any portion of the pot. You did not win anything except a $1.00 share of a three-way sidepot.

However, your general points are still valid about not getting a hand history from Support and about the benefits of expanding the hand histories available directly to players onsite.

Thanks again for letting us know.

Truepoker Management

08-30-2002, 03:58 PM
I have experienced the same thing as Tower and Belanda are talking about. Lost a $380 pot with kings full because I got timed out. Have never had that happen with any other site. I contacted support and they tried to tell me it was my server, which is definately not the case. Bye bye $380.

I would think that this may be fairly common but players don't want or can't fight it. Look at what Belinda has gone thru. No I don't want to be put through that. Fix the problem I'll come back. Games are tough enough with out loosing that way.

JV

08-30-2002, 09:04 PM
Dear Player444:

This story puzzles me, sorry, especially because of the size of your asserted loss. A $380 pot would have been a huge pot, even for our largest games and I would have heard something about your claim. I do not recall any claim like that.

Truepoker does not have a player nicknamed player444. If you can provide some specifics, I would be happy to have your assertions reviewed on your behalf.

I also was puzzled at your assertion you had "the same problem" as Tower. If you read the Follow-up post above to Tower's post, you might have realized he did NOT have the best hand, it was second best AND there was no "time-out" or "disconnect" involved in his hand. The problem was just that he did not get the hand history emailed as requested.

Again, I would be happy to review your assertions if you can provide basic information. I would also appreciate any emails you sent to Support about this, so, if there was really a problem with some response, I could follow up on it.

Truepoker Management

08-31-2002, 01:53 PM
Got it. Thank you. Yes, if a larger number of hand histories were available I could have gotten this myself and would not have been bugged by it for six weeks.

Amusing aside: The winning hand was 89o under the gun, the others were Q4s and A4o.

08-31-2002, 03:48 PM
Mr.Gzesh,

I'm sorry your so 'puzzeled'. I will NOT be subjected to what Belinda has gone through, no, I won't give out any personal information. That 10-20 pot that I lost WAS IN FACT $380 IN SPITE OF YOUR DENIAL. As I mentioned I gave up all hope of getting that pot when support argued with me that "It was my server", which it wasn't. What Belinda has gone through proves my point.

The action was as follow---hand was played out. My hand was the best hand, kings full, pot was $380. I was then timed out. I got back online asaponly tofind Igot none of the pot including what I put into it. I contacted the host, he said contact support,I did and he went to great lengths to try and convince me it was MY server, that was the problem, he was sorry. I'm not looking for my money back just thought you'd like to know IN FACT it was over a year you WERE having this time out problem.

I was upset and probably angry that this could happen and that was the last time I played.

I believe True poker is a unique and attractive site. I enjoyed playing there. It's also commendable that you come online here to answer questions and try to help people. The last 5 hands need to be changed and I guess by now you have the time out problem corrected. But please don't insinuate I'm a liar.