PDA

View Full Version : hrmm... slowplay good or bad

syphlix
02-13-2005, 10:02 PM
is it wrong to chk/call the uncoordinated flop meaning to chkraise on the turn?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

River: (14 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

deadmunny
02-13-2005, 10:49 PM
IMHO, rightly or wrongly I am playing this EXACTLY the same way.

Regards D

Nick C
02-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Chances are, the PFR either likes that ace on the flop a lot, or it was the last card in the deck he wanted to see. If he has top pair, though, there's a good chance that if you checkraise the flop he will either (1) 3-bet your checkraise, when you can then think about just calling and checkraising again on the turn, or (2) just call your checkraise, with the plan of raising you on the turn.

It is true that if MP1 has something like KK-JJ instead or 99-88 instead, the flop checkraise could slow down your subsequent action.

There is the question, too, of what CO called the flop with. Possibly it's an unimproved pocket pair he's still being optimistic about, but a gutshot is also possible, as is top pair. Anyway, if he has a gutshot, checkraising, getting 3-bet, and facing CO with two cold wouldn't be so horrible.

But it appears he had an ace instead, which he planned to raise with on the turn. And your plan did work out pretty nicely.

Monty Cantsin
02-13-2005, 11:07 PM
I fold this pre-flop.

/mc

Willluck
02-13-2005, 11:11 PM
yeah, its not bad you may have gotten one sb if you led out the flop, but it's still pretty much the same difference. you're PF cold call is disgusting, though

mtdoak
02-13-2005, 11:37 PM
As i say when I destroy someone who slowplays AA and I'm in the BB with 58o and destroy their hand.....'Slowplaying is for sillyheads'. Raise the flop (+2 SB), CO is waiting for a CR on the turn, so that stays the same. Slowplaying is for When you flop a monster (top two pair is NOT a monster) and want people to catch up and still get a 2nd best hand. Even then, with a small stakes game, you don't want to miss out on bets when they are going to call anyways.

adamstewart
02-13-2005, 11:37 PM
I fold this preflop.

I check-raise the flop. Catch the CO for extra bets while you can. IMO, you're lucky CO stuck around on the turn because more times than not, he won't.

Adam

syphlix
02-14-2005, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold this pre-flop.

/mc

[/ QUOTE ]

good point... that was a pretty bad cold-call by me...

ok.. tis true that 2-pair is not a monster and prob is not something to be slowplaying with... i'll prob just go ahead and CR the flop w/ something like taht from now on...