PDA

View Full Version : Movie Review: The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

MEbenhoe
02-13-2005, 09:34 PM
Went to see this movie last night at the local budget theater. I wanted to see this when it first came out, but it just happened to keep slipping my mind, so finally I made it to see it last night.

Bill Murray gives an outstanding performance and his comedic chemistry with Owen Wilson makes this movie. There is a lot of subtle and whimsical humor. I'd say the only negative of this movie is that there are a few bits of downtime sparingly throughout the movie.

Overall Rating: 7/10

Comedic Value: 8/10

Definitely worth checking out.

Fratony
02-13-2005, 09:50 PM
I saw this movie when it first came out. I thought it was a decent movie, personally i would recommend waiting for it to come out on video, especially since it probably will soon. My only main beef with the movie was the beginning, very slow and drawn out, but it gets a lot better as the movie goes on.

tripdad
02-14-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say the only negative of this movie is that there are a few bits of downtime sparingly throughout the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd say having owen wilson in it is a negative as well. nonetheless, having what is considered one of murray's best performances likely outweighs the owen factor(though wilson is so annoying to watch, it is not likely to be by much).

cheers!

astroglide
02-14-2005, 12:27 AM
good lord i hated this movie, and i'm a huge fan of rushmore/tenenbaums