PDA

View Full Version : Queens of the Stone Age

kipin
02-13-2005, 09:24 PM
I just got the new album by Queens of the Stone Age entitled Lullabies To Paralyze and I am quite impressed. If any of you are interested in a torrent for it PM me.

After hearing the new album I am really looking forward to going to their upcoming show. Any of you guys heard them live before? How was it?

MEbenhoe
02-13-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After hearing the new album I am really looking forward to going to their upcoming show. Any of you guys heard them live before? How was it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen them live, but I have heard bits and pieces of various performances of their's. From what I can tell, and what I've heard from others, they should be excellent.

kipin
02-13-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen them live, but I have heard bits and pieces of various performances of their's. From what I can tell, and what I've heard from others, they should be excellent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent, I have a feeling this will be one of the better $25 I've spent.

sthief09
02-13-2005, 09:44 PM
I heard them twice at lollapalooza 2 summers ago. I wasn't that impressed, but I don't listen to them so maybe I just wasn't about to appreciate them or something

fatmongo
02-13-2005, 09:50 PM
I saw them at Lollapalooza 2003 and was extremely disappointed. Very blah.

Rob Blackburn
02-13-2005, 11:05 PM
I've seen them a half dozen times, as QotSA and as the previous incarnation Kyuss. Their shows have been some of the better ones I have attended, not sure about them on a big stage setting like Lolla, but in bar/music hall performance they were wicked everytime.

kipin
02-13-2005, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've seen them a half dozen times, as QotSA and as the previous incarnation Kyuss. Their shows have been some of the better ones I have attended, not sure about them on a big stage setting like Lolla, but in bar/music hall performance they were wicked everytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be attending a smaller venue in DC called the 9:30 club. I sure hope they are better then everyone who saw them at Lollapalooza is making them out to be.

fatmongo
02-13-2005, 11:32 PM
I could see them being alot better in a small venue. They just never seemed to capture the attention of the big crowd. That song they have on the radio now is pretty good too. Little Sister.

Tyler Durden
02-13-2005, 11:34 PM
Well the 9:30 is an awesome venue, so that's good. When is this show, maybe I should go?

kipin
02-13-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well the 9:30 is an awesome venue, so that's good. When is this show, maybe I should go?

[/ QUOTE ]

March 27th (On a Sunday)