PDA

View Full Version : Weak Passive JJ, something told me it was right.

dealer_toe
02-13-2005, 07:58 PM
No significant reads. I thought a raise on any street would have been good to see where I'm at, but then I thought about it. When the EP raiser bets the flop, I put him on a pocket pair, 8's or better. If I raise either street I am most likely going to get 3 bet which only confirms what I already think. I'm pretty much only scared of QQ, KK, AA, and AA, KK are out of the question because of the called 3bet preflop.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (19 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (12 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds.

River: (15 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB

mr pink
02-13-2005, 08:09 PM
first, you should have been the one to 3-bet preflop.

also i think you def should have raised the flop, there are a lot of overcards that you don't want to see on the turn.

you don't know he has a higher pocket pair sure QQ is possible but so are TT or 99 and an unlikely JJ, AK would easily bet out on that flop. there are 4 players to act behind you, no doubt at least one of them has an A K or Q that is getting odds to spike one on the turn. raise the flop and drive them out.

suspicious_mind
02-13-2005, 08:24 PM
I 3-bet JJ preflop.

I think you have to raise to make overcards pay on the flop.
You said you put UTG on TT-88 or QQ witch means you are a favourite to have the best hand against him. You still have to worry about CO but he could have AK.

Once you just call on the flop and cutoff only calls too I´m putting him on AA or AK making you very likely to have the best hand right now. You should raise for value and to make overcards pay if they want to draw.

deadmunny
02-13-2005, 08:32 PM
raise the flop,

Regards D