PDA

View Full Version : This the way to play wired Eights?

seahawktd
02-13-2005, 07:19 PM
I had 88 in MP(3-6 live game), i decide to call it this time(sometimes I will raise, sometimes call). flop comes out rainbow J 5 2. small blind bets I raise, two people behind me cold call. turns a blank, I forget what it was, I think it was a 7 or something like that. SB checks, I check and it gets checked around.

river is an 8, lol. i bet I get 2 callers and swoop it and SB mucks his hand in disgust. Now, the question I have should i have kept betting on the turn?

Cooker
02-13-2005, 07:43 PM
I think the flop raise is good since you might have the best hand, you might fold the players behind you, and you might get a free card. The SB might be betting since there was no preflop raise and the flop looks like it could have missed everyone. Once you get 2 cold calls and the SB calls too, I am not putting in another penny without the set (unless I am getting 22.5 to 1 on my call obviously). They gave you the free card and you hit the set. I don't see any reason to bet the turn, since the SB probably has Jacks that he won't fold and the players behind you seem to like something about their hands. Plus, if the SB has a strong hand like 2 pair, he might call the flop raise looking to check raise the turn, which you foil by checking behind and get a free chance to improve. I see more trouble coming from the turn bet than good. If one of the cold callers come out of nowhere with a bet on the turn, I probably fold. I think you played this hand very well.