I bet 4, CO (43 to start the hand) raises to 10

What should I do?

BobboFitos
02-13-2005, 07:24 PM
stack sizes?

call.

Turn plan:
T, 9, 8, 5 - Check/fold
6, 7 - Check/raise. If he checks behind he more likely than not has an 8 / some variation of a draw, in which case you hope it hits and can c/r river. Or if it misses check and hope they bluff at it.
Any other card - Lead the turn.

AncientPC
02-13-2005, 07:26 PM
Fold or reraise, depending on your read of CO.

If he flopped the straight he probably would've slowplayed it a little bit more, it's more likely that he has a set or two pair and is trying to protect against an OESD.

booger
02-13-2005, 07:29 PM
don't play six handed but it looks like push or fold and I'm not crazy about pushing bottom two. Knowing your opponent will obviously help-does he semi bluff with oesd or raise with top pair top kicker or overpair....not knowing I'd give it up. Is the hand heads up?? more info needed I guess

BobboFitos
02-13-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold or reraise, depending on your read of CO.

[/ QUOTE ]

um... nope...

If you reraise you let better hands call you and crush you (better two pair, set, straight) although against a bad player I guess they'll hang in with OP or top pair and you're a nice fav.

Folding is a bit weak, because it's very reasonable for an opponent to raise the flop with a lone 8, a combination hand, or a top pair/OP hand, all of which you beat.
(not to mention hands that beat you)

For me, anyways, this is a call. The tricky part of the hand happens on the turn.

AncientPC
02-13-2005, 07:53 PM
If villain goes over the top of me on the flop, I can fold the hand then and there.

If he calls the re-raise, I would take the same line as you on the turn.