PDA

View Full Version : KK medium stack

billyd
02-13-2005, 06:49 PM
1hour into a 47 player live satelite, top 3 advance, start with $3,000 in chips.
Blinds are $100/$200, guy in 2nd position opens for $500, he has ~$3,000 left. Everyone folds to me in the cutoff. I go all-in for my last $1,400 with KK.
He calls with AQ, gets both and wins, I'm out.
Should I have just called and then fold on the flop with the A showing? I'd only have $900 left...

EverettKings
02-13-2005, 06:55 PM
Decisions, not results.

You were miles ahead preflop and he was calling your raise, so don't look back. It's just a bad beat, part of poker life. And if you want to have any hope of improving your poker game, you're going to have to accept that the "correct" decision doesn't always pay.

Kings

nightlyraver
02-13-2005, 08:09 PM
HELLZ NO!

Why on earth would you fold with only 3BB's left? You would seriously need to double up like 3-4 times for even a shot at 1st-3rd. You had him drawing to like 3 outs (most probably), what better spot would you wanna be in to get all your money in the pot? You lost, but that's poker - sorry.

If in makes you feel any better, unless he had some sort of read on you (like, this guy would just as likely push w/ 77 as with KK so I'm gonna call) then HE was the one that made the mistake.