PDA

View Full Version : Well I took my first shot at multi-tabling today.

Karak567
02-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Playing 3 at once, 5 + .50 on Stars.

First group... 1 first, 1 second, 1 third.

Second group... 1 first, 1 sixth, 1 third

Third group... 1 eigth, 1 sixth, 1 fifth

In the third group busting out on two of them was just due to slight miscalculations on my part, and the third was just a bad beat.

Should I be getting down on myself for failing to cash in any of the three last ones or is that normal? I've been pretty successful playing one at a time so far.

illab
02-13-2005, 07:00 PM
You should never be down for failing to place in three sngs in a row. If you play long enough you'll definitely come across much longer losing streaks. As far as whether you should continue to multitable you should probably play more than nine sngs to figure out what effect it has on your game. Also just think about if you ever felt rushed or confused because of the extra tables. I personally get bored playing less than three tables at once but everyone has their own preferences.

david050173
02-13-2005, 08:43 PM
I assume you have been playing 2 sngs at a time for a while? Going from 1-3 seems like a poor choice instead of slowing adding more tables.

That being said unless your OTM run gets up to around 10 games, I would consider it short term flucuations if you are a winning player.

Karak567
02-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Yeah I would do two at a time at times, but this was my first shot at consistently doing it.

My bankroll is at around 175 dollars so I am trying to build it up so I can move up to the 10 + 1s.

I am a fairly consistent winner, however I fear there are a few holes in my game that I have not been able to identify yet that keep me from being a very good player. The 5.50s are easy to beat, for me, though.

Mr_J
02-13-2005, 09:10 PM
"Going from 1-3 seems like a poor choice instead of slowing adding more tables."

If he can handle it then go for it. I probally played less than 50 sngs by the time I was 4tabling, and it only took that long because I had to wait for my Dell LCD /images/graemlins/wink.gif