PDA

View Full Version : Getting greedy?

Danenania
02-13-2005, 06:21 PM
Make any sense to wait here or am I inviting problems? Thoughts of double bets filled my head like sugarplums.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero calls... </font>

kidcolin
02-13-2005, 06:56 PM
This is a pretty safe flop for it, though I'd be a little more inclined to wait if a club was on the board. As long as you can bank on SB leading out the turn again, I think waiting is pretty solid.

Grisgra
02-13-2005, 07:02 PM
A lot of people call the flop just to take one off, and fold the river if they've got nothin'. Because I think it's very doubtful you'll trap many people for two bets on the turn, I think I'd get my $$ in now. One less caller, though, and I probably wait until the turn.

But then again, 10/20 is not exactly my expertise /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

stripsqueez
02-13-2005, 07:18 PM
i would raise the flop everytime

given the likelyhood that they will all call 2 bets when they have already paid 1 its just too much money to spend in the hope that the turn goes your way

if i started with QQ and there was 1 less runner i might call the flop

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

RunDownHouse
02-13-2005, 07:50 PM
Such a straight-forward board, I'm going to raise the flop every time. You've already got 2 caught between, not much more you can expect than that.

helpmeout
02-13-2005, 07:58 PM
You have to raise cos you know what will happen if you dont.

SB will check the turn cos he bet A7 (hoping everyone will fold)and now fears a queen. MP and BB were chasing their gutshot/overcard/BD draw and check to you, no one improved you bet and everyone folds.

Or even better SB has a set and you raise the turn he 3bets.

Danenania
02-13-2005, 10:20 PM
A 5 hit the turn and although the SB did check, the BB bet and I was able to get him and MP for 2 BB's each. Then an A came on the river. Bet and got one caller.

So it worked out this time.