PDA

View Full Version : Buying a new P.C

partygirluk
02-13-2005, 06:10 PM
So: I'm just looking for a base unit. I know basic stuff like more RAM is good, more MHZ is good, more Hard drive is good, less £ is good etc.

I am looking for a PC that is:

i) Not top of the range, but still capable of playing the latest games, even if the graphics are not super duper.

ii) Even though I don't want 2 monitors yet, I would like something that is capable of supporting dual monitor use.

iii) A P.C. that is easy to upgrade.

iv) DVD rewriter

What sort of things should I be looking for. And, for anyone from the UK, have you got any particular websites or model that you recommend. Budget is ~£650 (for base unit).

And btw I own a wireless network card that supports 802.11g, so cool if it does not have that, as I can just swap it over.

Cheers.

BusterStacks
02-13-2005, 06:12 PM
Dell.

AncientPC
02-13-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dell.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said, unless you're going to build your own.

EliteNinja
02-13-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dell.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said, unless you're going to build your own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dell ain't bad, but you should just spend some time and educate yourself to build your own.

It's better to customize to your own needs and save a bit of dough.

AncientPC
02-13-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it's kinda hard to beat Dell's prices when they have full systems going for like $400. I spent that much on CPU and RAM alone.

BusterStacks
02-13-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it's kinda hard to beat Dell's prices when they have full systems going for like $400. I spent that much on CPU and RAM alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. plus building your own requires intermediate knowledge of computers. I see this recommended way too often to people who would not know what do to if something went wrong.