PDA

View Full Version : Playing KK

datune
02-13-2005, 05:54 PM
I'm trying to figure out the correct play (NL ring game) :

preflop I (player1) have KK, which I obviously bet, player 2 calls, rest of the table folds.

Flop comes: 2d 6h Jc

I place a pot sized bet, and here's where it starts getting tricky

Scenario 1: He raises me, which leaves me totally guessing about what he could possibly have. Either he has two underpairs, or J's with a low pair, or he has pocket J's, which would give him trip J's, or he is trying to bluff...

How can I make this call? (let's say that player 2 is a loose and agressive player) Should I lay down the cards? I'm trying to figure how I can decide whether to call or not (or raise... but that feels like a whole different story).

Let's just stick to this scenario for now. Thanks a lot in advance for your time /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Caruso329
02-13-2005, 06:01 PM
Raise 4x BB + 1 BB for every limper PF. Pot it on the flop, depending on how laggy villain is, push to a re-raise. If he has JJ he would smooth-call your bet and extract the most out of you. Same with any other set. AA could be a possibility here but I think you would've been re-raised PF, unless he is your smarter than average Party player. He more than likely has AJ, KJ, QJ, QQ, TT, 99, etc. Push, you're most likely good here.

datune
02-14-2005, 10:42 AM
Why is it more then likely that he has QQ before JJ? Because there is a J on the board?

Donīt get me wrong, I appreciate your answer, but I donīt really feel like I know more then before. I still find this situation very tricky....

swede123
02-14-2005, 12:27 PM
He's saying it's unlikely the guy has jacks or another set, simply because he's raising you here. His reasoning being the guy would probably flat call you here with a made set, wanting to extract more money from you in later betting rounds.

Mind you, I was just explaining the reasoning of the responder. Personally I wouldn't necessarily discount a set here...

Swede

Rah
02-14-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AA could be a possibility here but I think you would've been re-raised PF, unless he is your smarter than average Party player.

[/ QUOTE ]

So a dumb player raises with AA, a smart player does not? Ehm... what?

datune
02-14-2005, 02:11 PM
I realize there are quite a few possibilities, but I am trying to figure out on what grounds I can make this call? How can I make this call?

datune
02-14-2005, 02:55 PM
Just talked to a friend (who plays since 4 years) who said he would instantly make this call, based on the fact that if one does the math my Kings will be good most of the time, if not ....well thatīs the swing.

slickterp
02-14-2005, 04:26 PM
bingo. the key is that your KK will be good a vast majority of the time here. i see AJ here.