PDA

View Full Version : Best Online Poker Sites

08-27-2002, 08:10 PM
I have played at Paradise, Pokerroom, Pokerstars and Truepoker. Truepoker is the only one that I have had connection problems. Has anyone else had the same experience?

I play in the multi-table tournies. Starting out it is fine, but after about 30 hands I start timing out. I contacted support and they suggested I download microsoft window's latest updates. This did not help the situation. Their online hosts are great but the tech support emails usually take 4-8 hours. I utilize aol via a phone line. I think the connection is 56k. Any suggestions other than a faster isp? :>)

I also feel that Truepoker should not discard a players cards when all-in with a connection problem. I do like their multi-player tournies and the graphics.

Paradise seems like the best all around site but the players are also the toughest. Anyone have suggestions for the best multi-player tourney sites? What about the best sites overall?

Thanks,

Jim Kuhn

Catfish4U

08-27-2002, 09:41 PM
I have DSL and i have no problem with other sites, but at TP i get often disconn every 10 minutes or so. So i cashed out and quit from TP.

08-27-2002, 10:52 PM
Americas Cardroom is currently running freeroll multitable tourneys every day as well as $5 tourneys with $100 added to pot.

08-27-2002, 11:15 PM
Pokerstars hands down for multi table tournaments. Paradise for ring game selection.

08-28-2002, 12:04 PM
I track the 8 of the most popular poker rooms on the web, and report these readings at http://www.pokerpulse.com, to gather real money play traffic. Although I don't track True Poker yet, I would agree with the comment that the online sites are very reliable in terms of access. Even when problems occur, it may be your local ISP that is the problem.

For example, it is 8:55AM Pacific, and I'm not able to connect to Party Poker. However, I expect that this is just a problem local to me and not everyone.

08-28-2002, 04:26 PM
The best Multi tourneys you will find at pokerstars.. absolutely..

They got best graphic...they got showdown when you all in and TIME BANK..

08-30-2002, 12:35 AM
i agree.....poker stars is the best for tourney by 100 miles........