PDA

View Full Version : Big Hand from Party Sat. 200K

Sadat X
02-13-2005, 04:27 PM
An interesting hand - wondering if you guys would have taken a different line on this one.

Hero is chipleader with 12 left, 390K stack. Blinds 7,500-15,000, UTG who has made some weird plays doubles blinds to 30K. Hero in SB with 88 reraises to 90K. UTG weirdo calls.

Flop: T 9 7 rainbow.

Hero leads for 125 K, UTG raises to 210K, Sadat calls.

Unparagoned
02-13-2005, 04:36 PM
UTG stack size?

Sadat X
02-13-2005, 04:40 PM
bout 300000.

Unparagoned
02-13-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
An interesting hand - wondering if you guys would have taken a different line on this one.

Hero is chipleader with 12 left, 390K stack. Blinds 7,500-15,000, UTG who has made some weird plays doubles blinds to 30K. Hero in SB with 88 reraises to 90K. UTG weirdo calls.

Flop: T 9 7 rainbow.

Hero leads for 125 K, UTG raises to 210K, Sadat calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Context is everything and could change large parts of this analysis I suppose, but we'll see. Ok, he min-raises UTG only to call your re-raise. Without any other information, right here I'm thinking he probably doesn't have AA-JJ, AK or AQ because I see all of those hands coming over the top here (6-handed against the chipleader who may be raising a wide range of hands to try and pick up the pot). Now, you say he is a weird player and I'm not quite sure what that means, but let's say he's calling here with AJ-A7(???), KQ-KT, QJ maybe or perhaps he has 77-TT (though I tend to think those may well come over the top as well because it's rather expensive to see the flop only to try and hit your set...). It seems that we're ahead of many of these hands on this flop and even to the hands we're behind, we're still drawing to at least 8 outs. The pot has 195k, I think the play is to just put him all-in and make him make a choice for the rest of his chips. I don't really see a reason to check and maybe give him a chance to pick up his overcard on the turn for free. You're the big stack, make him make the choice. Dunno, maybe someone else has different ideas?

Sadat X
02-13-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now, you say he is a weird player and I'm not quite sure what that means

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have gone a little more into this - a few levels ago he was BB (4000 I think) and a relatively short stack went all-in for something like 20K. Another short stack went all-in over the top for a few thousand more and he called with 95s. He only had something like 80K in chips at that point.

I like your all-in move on the flop. If I'm committing myself to call anyways with a 125K bet, why not put his tourney life on the line.