PDA

View Full Version : weird food habits

jdl22
02-13-2005, 04:10 PM
Post weird ways you eat food. I don't have one that's particularly good but I do get lots of shit for it at family gatherings for birthdays.

If chocolate cake is being served with vanilla ice cream I will take the slice of chocolate cake, put it in a large cup, cover it with ice cream, add milk and stir. It's basically a vanilla milk shake with chocolate cake stirred in and damn good imo.

PoBoy321
02-13-2005, 04:14 PM
When I was little, I always used to fall asleep in my mashed potatoes. Every time I ate them, I just fell face first into them and went to sleep. how's that?

jakethebake
02-13-2005, 05:26 PM
I usually eat my foods one at a time. For instance I'll have steak, mashed potatos, carrots and bread on my plate and I'll eat all the carrots, then all the bread, then all the mashed potatos, then the steak.

Ogre
02-13-2005, 05:42 PM
I eat everything with ranch dressing

captZEEbo1
02-13-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually eat my foods one at a time. For instance I'll have steak, mashed potatos, carrots and bread on my plate and I'll eat all the carrots, then all the bread, then all the mashed potatos, then the steak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do that exact same thing too /images/graemlins/smile.gif

deacsoft
02-13-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

istewart
02-13-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me four!

jakethebake
02-13-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Me four!

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this disqualifies it as a weird habit then.

MicroBob
02-13-2005, 06:08 PM
I used to prefer to eat ice-cream with a fork.

The people at Subway look at me all weird when I don't want any mayo or dressing or anything.
"you just want to eat it dry?"

I really don't think it's that weird...if you get mayo or vinegar or whatever they freaking drown it (even if I say, just a 'little bit' of mayo) and it gets all drippy and slimy.

bugstud
02-13-2005, 06:17 PM
mustard is good though bob

yaeh. mine would be eating steak seasoning straight.

ThaSaltCracka
02-13-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I use to do this, but not anymore. I am happy with the results as well.

Dynasty
02-13-2005, 06:39 PM
Tommy Angleo thought it was odd that I keep certain foods in the refridgerator. They include tuna and chocolate cake among others. I simply think they tast better cold.

ThaSaltCracka
02-13-2005, 06:55 PM
does anyone not put bread in the fridge?

Jack of Arcades
02-13-2005, 07:01 PM
why the hell would you put bread in the fridge?

SomethingClever
02-13-2005, 07:12 PM
Many foods that have been refrigerated repulse me.

Therefore I don't eat a lot of leftovers.

MicroBob
02-13-2005, 07:14 PM
I put bread in the fridge....as well as potato-chips (sometimes).

Bread spolis for me too fast otherwise... in my place the heat-vents are significantly stronger in the kitchen than elsewhere in my abode.

Jack of Arcades
02-13-2005, 07:15 PM
that makes sense, I guess. my family tears through bread quickly... 2-3 loaves a week I guess.

Lawrence Ng
02-13-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Post weird ways you eat food. I don't have one that's particularly good but I do get lots of [censored] for it at family gatherings for birthdays.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like taking fish paste, slap it into tofu puffs, fry it, put some like oyster sauce with it and just eat it like that.

Lawrence

slickpoppa
02-13-2005, 07:52 PM
After opening a can of tuna, instead of pouring out the extra water, I drink it.

Roy Munson
02-13-2005, 08:01 PM
My wife comments about my habit of not drinking anything until I have finished eating. Except for a glass of wine with dinner I never drink anything with food.

craig r
02-13-2005, 08:05 PM
That is actually suppossed to be much healthier. I think you should wait like 15 minutes before drinking anything. But, I am not a dietician or nutritionist, so I am sure some of this is open to debate. And I am sure there will be 15 different viewpoints on this.

craig

deacsoft
02-13-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My wife comments about my habit of not drinking anything until I have finished eating. Except for a glass of wine with dinner I never drink anything with food.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wait until I'm finished eating to drink, as well.

jakethebake
02-13-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It ruins the bread. It gets all soggy and gross.

Lazymeatball
02-13-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the exact opposite. I like to eat each food item at an equal pace, making sure never to eat too much of one item out of fear of running out of one thing before another. If possible I like to have a small sampling of each item in my mouth at all times. I don't flip out if I run out of something or go all OCD over it, and I don't try to mix the food together or anything, I just like enjoying it all together.

offTopic
02-13-2005, 09:03 PM
I typically manage the meal so that the last bite of food I eat is whatever I like the most.

Example: Breakfast with eggs, sausage, hash browns, a little bit of fruit on the side, and toast. If you saw me right before I was done, there would be a little piece of sausage saved for the end.

Also, I hate interminglig sweet stuff with "regular" food. If I get pancakes and sausages, I will eat all of the sausages first, then put syrup on the pancakes and eat them.

jakethebake
02-13-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I typically manage the meal so that the last bite of food I eat is whatever I like the most.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always do this too. That's why I said the steak would be last.

shadow29
02-13-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

kipin
02-13-2005, 09:30 PM
I eat in the closet with the lights out and my pants pulled down.

heavybody
02-13-2005, 09:47 PM
Me too.

deacsoft
02-13-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep my bread in the fridge and have never had a problem with it getting soggy or gross.

Ionphore
02-13-2005, 09:52 PM
My roomates favorite thing to do is dip chips in cottage cheese.

heavybody
02-13-2005, 09:52 PM
I used to take 3or4 pieces of white bread chew off the crust on each piece and then take the remaining crustless bread and knead it into a nice ball and then eat it, it tastes good.

heavily bodied

JoeC
02-13-2005, 09:53 PM
Yep, me too. Wow this is pretty common.

Thythe
02-13-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I eat in the closet with the lights out and my pants pulled down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, me too.

ThaSaltCracka
02-13-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]yeah it makes it soggy when you put water on it, but not when you put it in the fridge. It keeps the bread from drying out quickly.

AEKDBet
02-13-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After opening a can of tuna, instead of pouring out the extra water, I drink it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do that too. I doubt anyone has more weird food habits than me. In no particular order.

1) I add whole peanuts or pumpkin seeds to a can of salsa and drink the whole thing.
2) I like peanuts whole, shell and all.
3) I eat sweet potatoes raw sometimes like an apple. Tomatoes and bell peppers too. I will micrawave a whole onion and eat it with salt layer by layer. Yum.
4) I buy liquid eggs and add peanuts to them. Then microwave for a delicious breakfast (I really like peanuts by the way)
5) I like to add cheerios to ice cream - most people would find this tasty IMO
6) In protein shakes I add a dash of salt and some spray butter.
7) I take leaves of lettuce, wrap then around 2 peanuts, squirt some spray butter on em, and chomp down.
8) I dip bread into a concoction of milk, protein powder, and sweetener.
9) I sometimes add equal or splenda to diet coke. Also sprinkle it over ice and eat it.
10) I once got stoned and ate three 1/2 gallons of ice cream (1.5 gallons total) in a single sitting.
11) I never mix creatine with any liquid, I just dump the powder in my mouth.
12) I make some wicked shakes using milk in combination with any or a multitude of the following - protein powder (always chocolate), mint extract, vanilla but nut extract, chocolate fudge/ vanilla/ white choclate instant pudding, cinnamon, salt, spray butter, egg beaters, coffee, coffee grounds, whole coffee beans, flax oil, nutmeg, frozen berries.
13) Eating a raw onion with either ketchup or mustard

I'm sure there some more... I am famous or infamous amoung my friends for my weirdnesses....

kipin
02-13-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

1) I add whole peanuts or pumpkin seeds to a can of salsa and drink the whole thing.
3) I eat sweet potatoes raw sometimes like an apple. Tomatoes and bell peppers too. I will micrawave a whole onion and eat it with salt layer by layer. Yum.
4) I buy liquid eggs and add peanuts to them. Then microwave for a delicious breakfast (I really like peanuts by the way)
7) I take leaves of lettuce, wrap then around 2 peanuts, squirt some spray butter on em, and chomp down.
9) I sometimes add equal or splenda to diet coke. Also sprinkle it over ice and eat it.
10) I once got stoned and ate three 1/2 gallons of ice cream (1.5 gallons total) in a single sitting.
12) I make some wicked shakes using milk in combination with any or a multitude of the following - protein powder (always chocolate), mint extract, vanilla but nut extract, chocolate fudge/ vanilla/ white choclate instant pudding, cinnamon, salt, spray butter, egg beaters, coffee, coffee grounds, whole coffee beans, flax oil, nutmeg, frozen berries.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you win. Here have a cookie with some nasty sh1t on it as your prize.

Fratony
02-13-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do that too. I doubt anyone has more weird food habits than me. In no particular order.

I'm sure there some more... I am famous or infamous amoung my friends for my weirdnesses....

[/ QUOTE ]
As this is my roommate, I wholeheartedly back up everything that he has listed. Almost all of the things on this list are consumed multiple times daily. One of the major things he forgot to mention was his love for condiments. Some of my favorites are when he uses mustard or ketchup on salad and crushed red pepper on just about everything (which i will vouch is pretty damn good). Also, I have never seen anyone use as much splenda in a given amount of time, at least 200 packets a week.

scotty34
02-13-2005, 11:33 PM
I always get harassed for keeping my Ketchup (Catsup?) in the cupboard. That doesn't seem to unreasonable to me.

razor
02-13-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess this disqualifies it as a weird habit then.

[/ QUOTE ]

no it doesn't...

turnipmonster
02-13-2005, 11:52 PM
wow you're weird. I do eat peanuts whole as well, though.

Ray Zee
02-13-2005, 11:59 PM
dynasty,
i think its odd you would let tommy angelo into your house and looking in your refridgerator. and i think its odd that tommy angelo would think any thing is odd.

peachy
02-14-2005, 12:42 AM
i dont put salad dressing in the fidge after i open it...i hate cold salad dressing...i use italian so its not like its gonna go BAD like ranch or something

I wont put ketcup or stuff like that in the fridge either...just hate them cold

sfer
02-14-2005, 12:46 AM
I'm Asian so whenever I get a bowl of rice and soup my first instinct is to plop all of the rice into the soup.

peachy
02-14-2005, 12:47 AM
o yeah...when i used to eat bagels...i would pull the middle out of the crust outside and eat the crust 1st, then i would eat the insides of the begal

AEKDBet
02-14-2005, 01:08 AM
ditto to that, cold condiments suck. I do like spray butter cold though - its good on hot oatmeal or sweet potatoes.

Matty
02-14-2005, 02:11 AM
I eat apple and pear cores and stems, cherry stems, sometimes orange peels, but not banana peels.

Oh, and flowers too sometimes. But only when I'm bored and alone.

If there's people around I'll eat just about anything, but only for the reaction.

rusellmj
02-14-2005, 02:38 AM
I don't know where this came from. When I was a kid we would make pancakes and then instead of using syrup we covered our stacks with creamed corn. It's actually not bad. Creamed corn is very sweet. Sometimes a fried egg thrown on top. The closest we ever got to store bought syrup was using Karo syrup and that was a rare treat. My pops rules.

Russ

Matty
02-14-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know where this came from. When I was a kid we would make pancakes and then instead of using syrup we covered our stacks with creamed corn. It's actually not bad. Creamed corn is very sweet. Sometimes a fried egg thrown on top. The closest we ever got to store bought syrup was using Karo syrup and that was a rare treat. My pops rules.

Russ

[/ QUOTE ]I just threw up in my mouth a little.

DemonDeac
02-14-2005, 02:58 AM
i eat my burgers in a circle. eating clockwise and then moving in towards the center.

rusellmj
02-14-2005, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Russ

[/ QUOTE ]I just threw up in my mouth a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's most peoples reaction.

Russ

Jack of Arcades
02-14-2005, 08:25 AM
I'm Cajun, so it's the same here.

smudgex68
02-14-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Except for a glass of wine with dinner I never drink anything with food.

[/ QUOTE ]

Enlighten me, what else would one drink with dinner?

M2d
02-14-2005, 01:21 PM
I never thought it was wierd, but I've gotten strange looks for layering my tuna sandwiches with potato chips.

daryn
02-14-2005, 01:25 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

water

deacsoft
02-14-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

water

[/ QUOTE ]

Milk, Juice, Soda (pop), Tea, Beer, etc...

nicky g
02-14-2005, 01:33 PM
I like to drink full cream. Not sure if you have a different name for it in the states, but you know, full, unwhipped cream. I also like raw onions a lot. I also like to mix chocolate and potato chips; not literally together, but a mouthful of chips, followed by a mouthful of chocolate, followed by a mouthfull of chips etc. The sweet/salty combination is so good.
I also eat too quickly and put way too much cheese on everything.

Voltron87
02-14-2005, 01:48 PM
I like to take soft baguette break and pour a smidgen of soy sauce on it. It works with kaiser rolls, and soft white breads.

Aces McGee
02-14-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The sweet/salty combination is so good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I used to melt cheddar cheese on brownies when I was a kid. I'd probably still do it now, but I don't make brownies nearly as often as my mom used to.

-McGee

peachy
02-14-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The sweet/salty combination is so good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I used to melt cheddar cheese on brownies when I was a kid. I'd probably still do it now, but I don't make brownies nearly as often as my mom used to.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

ok now thats the weirdest thing and made me feel kinda sick!!! lol

JDErickson
02-14-2005, 06:13 PM
I've always had an aversion to butter or margarine.

The taste, smell and texture makes me gag.

Brian
02-14-2005, 07:46 PM
This hasn't been mentioned yet so I figured I'd add it. I pick through my french fries at restaurants as I eat them and discard the mushy/unacceptable ones. Don't ask where they go to.

-Brian

moondogg
02-14-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I always get harassed for keeping my Ketchup (Catsup?) in the cupboard. That doesn't seem to unreasonable to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO, not refridgerating ketchup is weird, but not being worth harrassment.

Calling it "catsup" is probably worth harrassment (it says "ketchup" on the Heinz bottle, end of debate), and referring to a cabinet or closet as a "cupboard" clinches it.

astroglide
02-14-2005, 11:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Calling it "catsup" is probably worth harrassment (it says "ketchup" on the Heinz bottle, end of debate), and referring to a cabinet or closet as a "cupboard" clinches it.

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo bango bongo

NotButter
02-15-2005, 04:44 AM
when i was a young stoner, ice-cream sandwiches were pretty good.

when i was at school, we used to buy a packet of chips (crisps) crush them up and put it in a buttered roll.

NotButter
sinny

Shajen
02-15-2005, 11:33 AM
you people are all [censored] weird.

Mexican food gets all mixed together. For everything else:

I eat foods in order of preference, ie, Salad, potatoe, bread, steak.

I put salsa, tabasco, or jalapeno slices in just about everything I eat.

Ranch dressing is good with pizza and french fries.

I also discard the nasty fries. (Who doesn't?) But I also eat the fries two at a time based on length.

Other than that, I'm perfectly normal.

WEASEL45
02-15-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Doesnt almost everybody who likes ranch do this

mason55
02-15-2005, 02:36 PM
I like to mix grated parmesan cheese and basil pesto and eat it with a spoon.

heavybody
02-15-2005, 02:38 PM
I always stir my ice cream until it is smooth and creamy, just like softserve(which I love). A good snack combination is raw mini carrots with Sunshine Cheez-it snack crackers(not those phony Cheez-Nips)...oh, I almost forgot toast,butter, powdered sugar on top! delicious, and eating cake frosting right out of the container. In fact I have bought cake frosting
and no cake mix just to eat the frosting ..it lasts me 2-3 days refrigerated.

heavily bodied

mason55
02-15-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Doesnt almost everybody who likes ranch do this

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone who is a true ranch dressing connoisseur puts it on way more than just pizza and fries.