PDA

View Full Version : Increased value of AJ maybe AT in 5.50 and 11 buy in games?

Karak567
02-13-2005, 03:59 PM
I've noticed almost all of the players I've run into in 5.50 games (and some 11) will play ANY bullet, even A9 and below.

Do you think this increases the value of AT and AJ limping in early position and raising in late? It's usually blatantly obvious when someone in a 5.50 has AK because they overbet everytime.

Or do you think this strategy is going to get me screwed when I run into AQ+?

bigredlemon
02-13-2005, 04:06 PM
people that play weak aces usually won't play back without a good kicker. People with strong aces do.

snapfc01
02-13-2005, 04:07 PM
i mostly play those limits as well and play AJ a decent amount... i don't like to raise in late posiition with it and will usually limp... reason is just like you said... anyone in these games are raising big ak and most with AQ preflop... so limping it usually good but i like to run if raised preflop because unless flop comes jack high or AJx u can't be sure so i don't like to call a raise with it. and i've noticed if i raise many will just call with AQ and some with Ak which makes it hard to play when i'm called then get an A on the flop. hwoever i think there is value in AJ and even AT at this level because of all the stupid Axs u see people play.