PDA

View Full Version : push with any two or wait?

SoBeDude
02-13-2005, 03:51 PM
last 2 tables of a super-satellite. 6 are getting a seat or money.

The opponent in this hand has been very very aggressive with his large stack. We just consolidated from 3 tables, where he raised at least 10 hands in a row.

10 players, blinds are 400-800 with a 100 ante. I'm the big blind. After posting, I have 1100 left.

the aggressor just takes a big stack of 100's and without counting them pushes it out as a bet. all fold to me.

so there is 2200 in the pot before his raise, then there is essentially another 1100 in the pot (as that is all I can match with a call).

getting 3 to 1 and desperately short stacked, I call here blind.

good or bad play?

-Scott

ligastar
02-13-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I call here blind. good or bad play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chalk up a vote for good play. Put your chips to work for you.

Greg H.

ZBTHorton
02-13-2005, 04:14 PM
Do you mean completely blind?

I push with any paint...I don't think I call blind.

woodguy
02-13-2005, 05:41 PM
No question.

You cannot pass up 3-1 with only 1.4BB's behind and the SB coming next hand.

At least it was a LAG raising any two and you had a fighting chance.

Did it work out?

Regards,
Woodguy

Unparagoned
02-13-2005, 06:26 PM
Yes

oneeye13
02-13-2005, 06:35 PM
maybe take it one step further and push the previous time you got to act first?

sdplayerb
02-13-2005, 10:16 PM
actually you are getting over 3.5 to 1..yes call with anything against him.

how did you end up so short stacked in the first place is the question..did you just take a beat? really should never get that low as you should push at some point.

McMelchior
02-14-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how did you end up so short stacked in the first place is the question

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that question is rapidly becoming one of my pet peeves. SoBe explains that this aggro with his big stack has raised like 10 hands in a row. So you sit there in MP or LP with a raise to you for maybe 30% of your decent stack holding T7s or maybe K9, and UTG and UTG+1 you find 83 or J6, and the idea of pushing into a field of 6 player including this LAG with his big stack does suddenly not seem so sexy. That's how you find yourself with a small stack, and unless you're perfectly happy to gamble it up as a 3:2 or even 2:1 dog with a good chance of being called, then there's not much you can do but grind your teeth and pray for cards.

It's really not such a mystery. And it's really no reason to take the high position and pontificate "really should never get that low" when the man is asking a perfectly reasonable question.

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)

scottjf8
02-14-2005, 12:24 PM
I once did that in a live tourney.. 126 players - we're down to the final table, and I had 8k+ in chips, blinds were 2500/5000 - when I'm UTG I get total junk (3-6 off) so I take my shot with my BB.. in my BB I get 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and decide to go all in blind.. 2 callers, one has JK and the other pocket jacks....

Let's just say I had 2 nice live cards, hit 2 pair, and went on to win the tourney...

TennesseeKid
02-14-2005, 01:40 PM
Considering that A/K is a little more than 2 to 1 over 7/2 off, I say push and let it ride.

SoBeDude
02-14-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No question.

You cannot pass up 3-1 with only 1.4BB's behind and the SB coming next hand.

At least it was a LAG raising any two and you had a fighting chance.

Did it work out?

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

naw it didn't work out. I called without looking, turned over T4o to his JJ. spiked a 4 on the flop and never improved from there.

But thanks for all the feedback. I felt it was the right play given the situation, glad most agree.

-Scott