PDA

View Full Version : I need computer help!

Reef
02-13-2005, 03:22 PM
Why is my monitor flickering like a light bulb that's about to die?! It's been doing this recently

edit: It's a laptop

Freakin
02-13-2005, 03:29 PM
Read what you just wrote. You probably have your answer. Monitors tend to get dim and start flickering when they're getting old. If it's still under warranty, get on that IMMEDIATELY. I would start shopping for a replacement.

Freakin

illunious
02-13-2005, 03:34 PM
Of course, make sure the cable is securely plugged in.

I have a CRT that flickers occasionally. A well placed "slap" on the top or the side fixes it for a day or two (sounds odd, but it works).

Reef
02-13-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Read what you just wrote. You probably have your answer. Monitors tend to get dim and start flickering when they're getting old. If it's still under warranty, get on that IMMEDIATELY. I would start shopping for a replacement.

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I wasn't clear- I use a laptop. It's about 15 months old and I didn't buy it from the dealer, so no warranty I believe

Reef
02-13-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Of course, make sure the cable is securely plugged in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I replugged everything. I think the flickers had to do with the computer being on too long (?)

wonderwes
02-13-2005, 07:06 PM
Laptop could be overheating. This is why you get a complete care warranty from dell. If anything breaks on it, then you can ship it back, and they will send you a new one.

AncientPC
02-13-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I replugged everything. I think the flickers had to do with the computer being on too long (?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Rubbish. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I wasn't clear- I use a laptop. It's about 15 months old and I didn't buy it from the dealer, so no warranty I believe

[/ QUOTE ]

Still, give the laptop manufacturer's CS a call. They'll look up your warranty status through the S/N (if you can't already do so online).