PDA

View Full Version : What is a reasonable donation for Playerview?

DesertCat
02-13-2005, 02:58 PM
I've been using Playerview for a week now and I like it very much, esp. since they fixed the SNG bug yesterday. So I decided I owed them a donation, and netellered Amir $52 (actually $51 after fees).

So, then I started thinking. I made about 10x that last night alone, and much more than that since I started using Playerview. Obviously most of my winnings are due to my playing ability (and 2+2 books/advice). Am I being chintzy with the creator of a valuable tool? Please vote, and if you think I'm being a cheap bastard, please also respond and tell me how much more I should send him (or how much you have sent him).

Freakin
02-13-2005, 03:05 PM
If it was retail software, they would likely charge a similar amount. The value of something like that is not determined by how much it *could* make for someone. I think $51 is probably one of the larger donations they have gotten, but I could be way off. Look at PT for a similar situation.

Freakin

Bellagibro
02-13-2005, 04:49 PM
I'd give them about $30 if it was useful but I use GT+

JRichman
02-13-2005, 06:47 PM
I sent him $50 the other day, using the rationale that commercial software would cost about that much.

wbrumfiel
02-14-2005, 12:47 PM
Send him $50. It will help make up for the cheap bastards like myself that don't send anything.