PDA

View Full Version : Threads about music are worthless

slickpoppa
02-13-2005, 02:39 PM
The threads about music are some of least productive threads ever, even by OOT standards. Why is it so hard for some people to just accept the fact that people have different tastes? Just because you do not like the sound of a band does not mean that they suck.

jakethebake
02-13-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The threads about music are some of least productive threads ever, even by OOT standards.

[/ QUOTE ]
So don't post here if it sucks so bad.

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it so hard for some people to just accept the fact that people have different tastes? Just because you do not like the sound of a band does not mean that they suck.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't even generally respond on the music threads, but obviously the fun of the thread is arguing opinion as if it were fact. Clearly you're clueless.

slickpoppa
02-13-2005, 02:50 PM
At least for hot or not threads you can discuss the relative merits of tits, ass, face, sluttiness, etc. But in the music threads it's just like: "They suck," or "They're gay."

Leo99
02-13-2005, 02:51 PM
I like the music threads. I'm trying Napster and it gives me opportunity to hear different music real easy. Someone posted a recommendation for The Shins. I downloaded them and I like them. So, at least for me I'm getting something from the music threads.

Freakin
02-13-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the music threads. I'm trying Napster and it gives me opportunity to hear different music real easy. Someone posted a recommendation for The Shins. I downloaded them and I like them. So, at least for me I'm getting something from the music threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong

mmbt0ne
02-13-2005, 03:15 PM
You're Back!

Good job Mat

Freakin
02-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Matt said it was a combination of my avatar and some offensive posts he'd remembered me writing. But I'm guessing he got at least 2 or 3 complaints about the avatar. I had a PM from another member about changing my avatar that came it shortly before I got banned, so I'm sure it was the straw that broke the camel's back. Glad to be back to my old self again.

Freakin

Leo99
02-13-2005, 03:56 PM
You better be nice. Aren't you on probation or something?

Freakin
02-13-2005, 04:18 PM
I was being facetious. Someone expressed something that is solely a matter of opinion, and I was disagreeing with him, just like what slickpoppa said all the music threads were. And yes, I'm sure Matty will be watching me closely; this avatar doesn't offend anyone, does it?

Freakin

Daliman
02-13-2005, 04:34 PM
It seems we have yet another person with a problem with discussion of opinions on an OPINION DISCUSSION BOARD!

slickpoppa
02-13-2005, 04:54 PM
I don't have a problem with opinions in general. I am just expressing my opinion that the expression of opinions in music threads is particularly unproductive.

jakethebake
02-13-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a problem with opinions in general. I am just expressing my opinion that the expression of opinions in music threads is particularly unproductive.

[/ QUOTE ]
This posts either sucks or is gay. I can't decide which. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Daliman
02-13-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You post 15 times a day on here and are concerned about something being UNPRODUCTIVE?

slickpoppa
02-13-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You post 15 times a day on here and are concerned about something being UNPRODUCTIVE?

[/ QUOTE ]
Unproductive is a relative term. For example, Alize posts are somewhat productive because people actually break down the issue into its component parts. Like how her ass is really great, but her face is nothing special. But from what I have read, the music threads are much less sophisticated /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

MicroBob
02-13-2005, 06:46 PM
I think describing what is good or crappy about a song is a bit more difficult.

"It's got a good beat. You can really dance to it. I give it an 84."

I just heard 'Girl from Mars' by Ash on the internet.
Man that song kicks ass!!

But I'm not talented enough to exactly convey what it is about that song that kicks so much ass.

Just your fairly typical power-punk-pop type tune that I tend to gravitate towards...only better.
fast without being too fast. etc etc.

You either like it or you don't (and I suspect most have never heard it). But whatever I say about this killer-tune is not likely to make any sense at all unless you actually hear it....and then you will either like it or you won't.

If I come up with a band or two that I think the song sounds like that would help...but nothing is immediately springing to my mind.

Ulysses
02-13-2005, 06:53 PM
The arguments are often stupid. But it's a good chance to hear about some artists you might not be familiar with.

ThaSaltCracka
02-13-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The arguments are often stupid. But it's a good chance to hear about some artists you might not be familiar with.

[/ QUOTE ]word.

why do you not have 10k yet? I didn't post for a week and you seem to have the same amount /images/graemlins/confused.gif