PDA

View Full Version : How badly misplayed on 4th street?

Derek in NYC
02-13-2005, 01:45 PM
Preflop raiser was very LAGgy, which means he sometimes showed down crap, and he sometimes showed down monsters, but he always played it hard after the flop. 4th street UTG bettor was tight preflop, but aggressive postflop (mouse).

Please comment on the 4th street laydown. I was afraid of getting sandwiched.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG+1 posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, UTG+1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero folds...

Nick Royale
02-13-2005, 01:50 PM
I would...

Preflop: Fold
Flop: Call
Turn: Check/raise EDIT: maybe just bet, not fold anyway

tetonpete
02-13-2005, 02:07 PM
i think you bet the flop...let the overcard hands worry about being sandwiched by preflop raiser.
you called the flop bet...what card were you looking for? I think you go for a check raise on the turn. Granted, you weren't expecting the sudden show of strength, but i still feel as though you should reraise. You probably have the best hand, and you at least have outs against 89, 55, and even pocket tens. UTG could have AJ-QJ, and MP1 is representing an overpair. UTG+1 could have called the flop with as little as Q9. This pot is now 10BB. I don't see how you can fold. I think you have to 3 bet it.

sfwusc
02-13-2005, 03:19 PM
What the heck?

You call the flop. I guess you thought you were behind, but 9 to 1 to call.

What was the card you were looking for?

Three bet the turn. Call a cap.

River depends on the card

Alexthegreat
02-13-2005, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I'm with the others on this one....You can't fold here....However I think I'm just calling down, because if I do have the best hand, I don't want anyone to get all scared and stop betting....

You should really fold the flop *if* you are going to fold the turn like this....I suppose you would be calling if you had turned another 7, but if you are going to fold for 2 bets when you pair up your kicker, It's just giving out money to call this flop....

suspicious_mind
02-13-2005, 03:50 PM
I fold preflop.
Check flop, when preflop raiser bets it's a raise or fold situation IMO.

I bet the turn, I don't want to give a free card on this board, 3-bet if LAG raises.
Once you check and it comes back raised and reraised I think you have to 3 bet, you don't want to give UTG+1 a cheap card here and you want UTG and LAG to pay as much as possible if you are ahead, if you are behind so be it but I´m putting LAG on AA-QQ, AJ, AT or flush draw and I don't think UTG has JT or a set because I don't think he would play it like that, he probably only have a J possibly with a flush draw.

River depends on turn action and what card hits, if your 2 pair is counterfeited you have to fold, if the flush gets there and you only have to pay one bet it's probably a crying call, look out for UTG+1 though and see what he does.