PDA

View Full Version : AQs in BB against an angry LAG

MN_Mime
02-13-2005, 01:44 PM
6/12 B&M, first hand at this level, but I've watched the game for awhile and seen most of this orbit.

The Cast:

UTG: Just oozes "I'm a bullying a$$" and has really made a home at the table (loaded up his tray with newspapers, cellphone, soda cups). Plays a lot of hands and likes to mutter angrily. After the fact, I observed that his variance is very high and he's reloaded twice before he found another table.

SB: younger guy who likes to play against UTG

HERO in the BB: just a 4/8 guy in over his head...

Pre-Flop:

UTG raises, folded around to SB who calls, HERO re-raises with AhQh, all call.

(too aggressive?)

Flop (3 players): Jh Ts 8h

SB checks, Hero bets, UTG raises, SB folds, Hero 3-bets, and UTG calls telling me that "Aces are no good"

(Is a c/r was better on the flop?)

Turn (2 players): 3c

Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero calls

Results to follow...

Comments?

adamstewart
02-13-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
....Hero 3-bets, UTG calls telling me that "Aces are no good"

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a ridiculous and narrow assumption.

Adam

MN_Mime
02-13-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you misunderstand. He actually *said* this to me.

Alexthegreat
02-13-2005, 03:39 PM
Your flop line is good....Turn line is good too...Check-raise the river if you make either of your nut draws....Check call if you hit a Q or an A...

chesspain
02-13-2005, 04:08 PM
I like checkraising this flop. Since you have so much equity on this flop, why force out SB, who may be looking for a reason to call? The only reason to allow the raiser to fold out SB is if you think you will either win unimproved vs. the raiser (doubtful), or that you will hit one of your outs yet lose to SB (seems very doubtful).

adamstewart
02-13-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you misunderstand. He actually *said* this to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did misunderstand.

Then *he's* a total idiot: "I've got your Aces beat, but I'mm not capping..." duh.

Adam

MN_Mime
02-13-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like checkraising this flop. Since you have so much equity on this flop, why force out SB, who may be looking for a reason to call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I'm pretty sure an UTG bet would have done nothing to discourage SB, but doesn't my flop check look suspicious after the pre-flop action?

If I get two callers, are you suggesting that I lead the turn or check again (which pretty much establishes that I'm on a draw, IMO)?

Thanks in advance.

MN_Mime
02-13-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your flop line is good....Turn line is good too...Check-raise the river if you make either of your nut draws....Check call if you hit a Q or an A...

[/ QUOTE ]

That was exactly the line I chose, but I think I Bet-Call an Ace. I have a hard time putting him on a better hand with the preflop and flop action, though. What range of hands seems likely for UTG?

MN_Mime
02-13-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I did misunderstand.

Then *he's* a total idiot: "I've got your Aces beat, but I'mm not capping..." duh.

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem. I wasn't totally clear in the telling and my other post to which you responded didn't help my cause any.

Peace.

MN_Mime
02-13-2005, 07:58 PM
River (2 players): 6h

Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero raises, UTG calls and steams, "I guess you really liked your draw" as he shows his hand to UTG+1 and mucks his hand (red 9 turns face up; probably the heart) after I've tabled the winning hand. UTG+1 pointed out my straight draws to UTG, but he wasn't having any of it and he went back to his newspaper and sulked.