PDA

View Full Version : situation: folded to MP3 who limps, you're CO, with marginal hand

hypermegachi
02-13-2005, 01:04 PM
you have a very marginal hand...like JTo, A9o, or QJo.

normally at a shorthanded table you could raise this easily. but at a full ring table, do you loosen up, and raise anyway, or fold knowing on average it would take a full table player much better hands to limp with?

freakintemp
02-13-2005, 02:08 PM
Whats wrong w/ calling some of these hands from CO? Doesn't really seem to be a raise or fold situation. I guess I'm not really seeing the point of your poll.

Freakin

A_C_Slater
02-13-2005, 03:48 PM
I call with QJo and JTo here and fold A9o.

hypermegachi
02-13-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whats wrong w/ calling some of these hands from CO? Doesn't really seem to be a raise or fold situation. I guess I'm not really seeing the point of your poll.

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]
nothing's wrong with calling...but those hands could be raised shorthanded. and since this situation creates a "shorthanded" type of atmosphere it seems reasonable you could raise it, buying the button, and take a stab at the pot on the flop.

basically, the question i want answered...is if a "shorthanded" type of situation comes up, do you treat it as if it were shorthanded, or still treat it like full ring?

or put it another way, do you loosen up raising standards vs fewer opponents in a full ring game?

goofball
02-13-2005, 06:24 PM
if he's open limping almost 100% of the time it means he's weak. his holding is weak and he's a weak player. raise and take it on the flop or the turn when he misses, which will be a majority of the time.