PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever fold a great hand because you didn't realize it?

Francis
02-13-2005, 12:28 PM
How embarassing.

Playing 2 tables last night. I hit a set of 3's on a flop of 73A.

Modest action. Turn comes, another A, I bet, and another player raises. I think damn, he must have trip A's now, so I fold.

2 hours later, laying in bed, the lightbulb hits; I had a boat against his trips... All I can think of is I was distracted by something going on at the other table. Or I'm a giant fish (which is probably more likely)

Argh! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Wyrm2
02-13-2005, 12:40 PM
Once when I was tired I had KJ offsuit with a board of
A A 7 7.

It had been checked around on the flop, then a player bet the turn, I called being reasonably sure that he didn't have anything. The river came a 4, we both checked and he showed

J 4.

I mucked my hand, cursing the river before I realized that I'd thown away the best hand.... /images/graemlins/mad.gif I then cashed out and took a nap

TwoShedsJackson
02-13-2005, 12:59 PM
I folded a full house on the river on pokerroom.com a couple of months after I started playing, so I'm very careful now /images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyone and everyone will do it occasionally.

illunious
02-13-2005, 02:09 PM
Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, Hero folds, BB checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) J, 6, J (3 players)

freakintemp
02-13-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, Hero folds, BB checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) J, 6, J (3 players)

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise preflop

cgwahl
02-13-2005, 04:44 PM
No, but lost $15+ (1/2 game) once because I thought I had a full house. Didn't realize it till after the hand was over...boy did I feel stupid.

Misreads suck.

Freakin
02-13-2005, 05:25 PM
I did that with a flush once..... I've been using 4-color decks ever since....

Freakin

Dead
02-13-2005, 07:06 PM
Four color decks are awesome.

Now that I've used one on Stars for so long, I just can't go back. I've tried multitabling without 4-color decks and it's a lot harder. I mixed up diamonds and hearts way too often, and was just careless.

JKDStudent
02-13-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn comes, another A, I bet, and another player raises. I think damn, he must have trip A's now, so I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this all the time. Well, without the folding. But when another card comes on the board, my first reaction is ALWAYS, "Damn, he just beat my set." Then a second later, I remind myself that now I have the full house before taking all his money.

Altaslim
02-13-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Four color decks are awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two nights ago at my local B&M I folded the nut flush on the river because i thought my AQo had gone unimproved. I knew it a millisecond after the cards hit the muck. Maybe I've become too dependent on 4 color decks. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

lighterjobs
02-13-2005, 10:42 PM
i was two tabling stud and razz and re raised every street with quad aces while playing razz and didn't realize it.

Dead
02-13-2005, 11:54 PM
:|

bwana devil
02-14-2005, 01:26 PM
B&M session. It was late and I had been playing long. I had QQ cracked a few hands before and the table saw that hand. Then I got dealt QQ again. I raise. Several callers.

Flop: T x J rainbow

I bet. 1 caller.

Turn: x

I bet. 1 caller.

River: Q

I bet. Villian now raises. I call.

Fudge! He made a straight. I said, "show me big slick." And he flips over AK. I was annoyed and start throwing my cards in the muck. At the last momemt I put a little twist in my wrist so everyone at the table could see how I just got my QQ cracked again.

I bow my head down and sit there thinking. And suddenly I hear the chips rushing my way. I look up and the guy next to me says, "you know you won that, right?" "um, no, I didn't know." I look at the board. Cards are gone. I start playing the hand over in my head. Then I realize those rags I had disregarded were pair a pair of fours and had given me a full house.

I cashed out soon and went to bed.

bwana

LSUfan1
02-14-2005, 03:09 PM
I once checked down a river bet with what I thought was the board straight. After turning over my cards I was told I had a Royal Flush.....NO [censored]!

I felt like such a loser. Serves me right for watching the football game instead of the table!

50 dollar comp was nice though....took the wife and kids out to dinner.

Cleveland Guy
02-14-2005, 03:38 PM
This is kinda close.

The other night playing PLO - I check behind on the river as the last to act.

Then the pot comes my way - turns out I had the nut straight on a board that had no flush and was not paired.

I checked the nuts on the river as the last to act.

I'm goot!