PDA

View Full Version : better blind stealing requirements...

spentrent
02-13-2005, 11:39 AM
1) Your cards OR

2) Your opponents' tightness

I'm seeing a TON of blind stealing threads lately, and I'm wary of answers that say "you must hold at least XX to steal."

If you're sure your victims will only call with 99-AA|AT+|maybe KT+, then why not steal with any two? In the long run, how can this not be +EV? By the time the villains catch on, you should already be in a position where blind stealing is not quite as critical.

Am I a complete idiot for leaning this way? I feel that the table's texture and the players' tendencies have far more relevance than the two cards in your hand. In fact, my ITM% has finally stabilized since I started to think this way. Flame on!

EDIT: Folding equity is key here. One could hold the 1 of stars and the 0 of lunchboxes and still have a ton of FE.

ReDeYES88
02-13-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: Folding equity is key here. One could hold the 1 of stars and the 0 of lunchboxes and still have a ton of FE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dammit. . .just when I memorized all of the percentage tables for 52 cards, you go and add stars and lunchboxes to the mix. Geeeeeesh.

spentrent
02-13-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dammit. . .just when I memorized all of the percentage tables for 52 cards, you go and add stars and lunchboxes to the mix. Geeeeeesh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I just got my first Copag deck.

bigredlemon
02-13-2005, 03:40 PM
because if you're called and lose, you're out of the tourney?

If you have a lot of chips, the default play is to steal with any two anyway.

ChrisV
02-13-2005, 11:38 PM
You missed 3) your stack size. If I have 9.5BB my steals will be mostly determined by my cards. If I have 6BB it's much more my opponents' tightness.