PDA

View Full Version : Mega-Action A-8s: Was ANY Street Good?

Festus22
02-13-2005, 11:34 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (13.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, BB calls.

River: (21.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 25.75 BB

sfwusc
02-13-2005, 11:48 AM
Fold the flop when you are getting two cold. He just checkraise to a 3 bet.

He has something. i would guess 22.

SWUSC

suspicious_mind
02-13-2005, 02:03 PM
Fold preflop, I donīt like playing Axs in early position where I won't know what kind of action I'm going to get.
Ax might also get you into problems postflop especially in early position.

I think I would have checked the flop. This flop isn't really that great for your hand, all you have is second pair on a coordinated flop against 4 opponents, so even if you have the best hand you are going to get drawn out on alot of the time. Your opponents aren't going to fold for just 1 bet on the flop so there are alot of cards that could hurt you on the turn.
It's a pretty big pot though so maybe I'm wrong and you should bet here despite the scary flop.

Once you bet and it's 2 bets back to you I think you should fold, you might be up against 89 or even a set, the Ac is probably no an out so this leaves you with 2-4 outs and even if you improve you might not win. So getting 9,5:1 in odds right now I think you should fold especially if you consider the cutoff might cap it behind you with a pocket pair or flush draw.

On the turn I would be afraid UTG has 99 or limped in with 89 or 22, it's possible he limped in with TT or JJ though but he probably wouldn't check raise the turn with that hand. So I would just call here with my 3 8's.

If we put UTG on 99, 22 or 89 this means you will have the best hand 67% of the time enough to make raising a break even play however if you just call maybe the cutoff will call too with JJ or something or maybe someone will call with just a pair of 9's witch they would have folded to a raise, so I think you should go for the overcall on the river unless you think there is a good chance someone will call 2 cold.

27offsooot
02-13-2005, 02:27 PM
PF: Depends on how loose the players are behind me. I usually fold this, with just one caller in front, but it would depend on table conditions.

Flop: I like the betting into the PF raiser especially if u think he would raise two over cards. You have a very vulnerable hand and the pot is worth fighting for. Once it's two back to you and it's still five handed, i fold.

Turn: I'm three betting this. You may not have the best hand, but you have at least the second best hand and you have enough overlay from the other two to three-bet this. Also, whether UTG caps it or not will define his hand.

River: Good.

detruncate
02-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Pf is fine.

I'd consider checking the flop. I don't think that CO's probable raise will do much to help me on this board, and I'd prefer to see the turn cheaply with good relative position. I'd probably fold facing 2-cold with a possible 3-bet behind me.

The decison whether to call the second time around in your hand is difficult. Yes, it's a big pot... but with all the action I'm not sure I like your 2-pair or trip outs. 24.5:3 with the raise, 19.5:2 without. You might be getting enough, and your implied odds are good... so I can see going along for the ride in a "tend to call in a big pot" sort of way. It's also easy to get away from this hand UI.

Turn is good. I like the check from UTG -- makes me think flush draw. CO might raise and face the rest of the field with 2-cold, allowing us to 3-bet. UTG's c/r worries me a bit, as it's less likely he'd do this with a flush draw than a boat. I'm still tempted to 3-bet with the other cats in the hand, but calling seems better.

River is obviously fine. Too bad you didn't complete reverse trifecta.

Chairman Wood
02-13-2005, 05:39 PM
Pre-Flop:meh, when it's folded to me in MP position I start thinking raise or fold. Your early in MP and I guess you can get away with this if the table conditions are right.
Flop: Fine, to bet into CO. when it's two back to you it's pretty thin. If I counted correctly you are getting about 10-1 and your not closing the action. I think it's marginal but a call is alright. Obviously call the cap.
Turn: Why not checkraise?
River: Fine.