PDA

View Full Version : Borgata 20-40 River bluff.

bunky9590
02-13-2005, 11:34 AM
Same game as earlier, same position actually (the button)

UTG same as other hand limps UTG. Folded to Bunky and i raise K /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif SB calls. BB folds.

3 to the flop.

Flop T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Checked to Bunky and I bet, SB (plays a lot of hands, calls down a lot, but gives off a bunch of tells) calls. UTG folds.

Turn 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Check, check.

River. 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Sb checks, Bunky bets.

I think I like a turn bet here.

Michael Davis
02-13-2005, 11:48 AM
Any thinking player would call you down with an ace or better. That doesn't mean the bluff is bad but I think you're usually better checking as the only hands I expect to fold are ones you beat anyways.

-Michael

bunky9590
02-13-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any thinking player would call you down with an ace or better.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, SB was no thinking player. I want him to FOLD ace high.

TheMaroon
02-13-2005, 12:11 PM
Are you just trying to get to 10k posts or something?

Kaz The Original
02-13-2005, 12:13 PM
"
Any thinking player would call you down with an ace or better. That doesn't mean the bluff is bad"

Yes it does.

bunky9590
02-13-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you just trying to get to 10k posts or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, but everyone of you're entire 14 has been offensive and extremely sarcastic. Troll somewhere else douchebag.

Michael Davis
02-13-2005, 12:14 PM
No it doesn't. There are people who will fold every time here if they don't have a pair.

-Michael

Kaz The Original
02-13-2005, 12:28 PM
I suppose if it folds unthinking players it's good. My mistake.

imported_stealthcow
02-13-2005, 01:52 PM
by checking behind on the turn, you can't bet this river- you've induced your own bluff when he checks into you.

i think a turn bet would work. although betting the river (if he calls) is fairly aggressive if he's just check/calling you the entire way

stealthcow-

The Bear
02-13-2005, 02:22 PM
I'd bet the turn. If this guy is bad, there's a decent chance you have the best hand. And you have plenty of outs if you don't.

Also, if he gives away a lot of info with body language, you should be able to tell the nature of his hand (big spade hunt, scared made hand, etc.) based on his reaction to your bet, which should help you make a good river decision.

And he's not check-raising you, right?

Bet the turn.

bunky9590
02-13-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet the turn. If this guy is bad, there's a decent chance you have the best hand. And you have plenty of outs if you don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're dead on here Bear. It was quite possible I had the best hand, He called the flop pretty quick which looked like a draw. He was noticibly disgusted when the non spade hit the river. I had a tight solid table image and thought it would be just as good to take this hand down w/o a showdown. Turn I think I agree should have been bet.

[ QUOTE ]
And he's not check-raising you, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in a million years. All the more reason to bet the turn. Thank you.

bunky9590
02-13-2005, 03:40 PM
Also if I did in fact have Ace high I wouold have checked behind. King high swung it to a bet for me.

mr pink
02-13-2005, 06:02 PM
betting the river after he calls a turn bet is kinda reckless

bunky9590
02-14-2005, 07:24 AM
SB actually made this one easy for me, he wasn't a good player and as he checked grabbed his cards like he was gonna muck to the inevitable bet. I did him that favor.

Id much rather bet this hand than Ace high, in the off chance he had an ace and whifffed. Though I really think I should have bet the turn card. Thanks gang.

ggbman
02-14-2005, 10:48 AM
I agree you should have bet the turn. One of the good things about being representing stength here is that you probably have a good amount of legitimate outs. 3 jacks and 3 kings probably make you good, and a river spade makes you a good flush. By betting the turn, you set yourself to up to take him of a better flush draw on the river.