PDA

View Full Version : Worse Decision in History

Mason Malmuth
02-13-2005, 07:33 AM
Hi Everyone:

I thought I would set the record straight with the real worse decision ever. This occurred in the late 1980s at the old Las Vegas Hilton Poker Room. After reading this, it's no wonder the room closed before the decade was up.

I was playing in a $10-$20 hold 'em game and some of us wanted to raise the limit to $15-$30. The shift manager came over and stated that if anyone objected, the limit could not be raised. One of the players had a friend sitting behind him who then stated that "I have never sweated a game that big before." Upon hearing this the manager announced that the game limit could not be increased and promptly walked off.

best wishes,
Mason

bicyclekick
02-13-2005, 07:36 AM
worse or worst?

Dead
02-13-2005, 07:37 AM
Wait, wait, wait.

You're saying that one of the spectators objected to the proposed limit raise, and so the manager said it couldn't be done? That is truly ridiculous.

kemystery
02-13-2005, 08:00 AM
no, not even that - the observer just commented that he/she had never sweated (watched) a game that big before.

private joker
02-13-2005, 08:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
worse or worst?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing Mason hires copy editors for 2+2 Publishing. They even catch most of these mistakes (except in Harrington's book, where he calls the Matt Damon film "The Rounders").

Dead
02-13-2005, 08:05 AM
Wow.

lame.

niwotyalpi
02-13-2005, 08:08 AM
lol This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Your joking right Mason.

Kaz The Original
02-13-2005, 08:19 AM
That is truly classy.

Lawrence Ng
02-13-2005, 09:26 AM
Too funny Mason.

Lawrence

steamboatin
02-13-2005, 09:52 AM
Mason Wins!

mostsmooth
02-13-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
worse or worst?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing Mason hires copy editors for 2+2 Publishing. They even catch most of these mistakes (except in Harrington's book, where he calls the Matt Damon film "The Rounders").

[/ QUOTE ]
theres a few more than just that in there, hopefully i recognized all of them

Derek in NYC
02-13-2005, 10:56 AM
Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

radek2166
02-13-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That is truly classy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just keep seeing less and less class on these boards. 6 months ago the classless were few and far between. Every new group seems to be more and more classless.

I really hope the trolls play poker just like they post shity.

RJT
02-13-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
worse or worst?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There’s a few more than just that in there. Hopefully, I recognized all of them.

Rick Nebiolo
02-13-2005, 01:06 PM
That's not the worse, but it is the funniest /images/graemlins/grin.gif

~ Rick

Luv2DriveTT
02-13-2005, 01:21 PM
Did anyone try to reason with the manager?

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

onegymrat
02-13-2005, 01:34 PM
We will miss you.

ethan
02-13-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
worse or worst?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not saying this is the worst. He's saying it's worse than the decision in the "WORST DECISION EVER!!!!!!111!!!!" thread.

This isn't that complicated.

StevieG
02-13-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
worse or worst?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There’s a few more than just that in there. Hopefully, I recognized all of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a few more. I hope that I recognized all of them.

PotatoStew
02-13-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
worse or worst?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

More? A few. Recognized? I hope.

TomBrooks
02-13-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Upon hearing this the manager announced that the game limit could not be increased and promptly walked off.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Mason,

That's funny (now). It probably wasn't funny when it happened. -TomBk

private joker
02-13-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

He's not saying this is the worst. He's saying it's worse than the decision in the "WORST DECISION EVER!!!!!!111!!!!" thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aha! So you're the copy editor that misses all the mistakes. How's that job going for you?

[ QUOTE ]
I thought I would set the record straight with the real worse decision ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm all ears, Ethan.

RJT
02-13-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
worse or worst?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't want to take the liberty to edit the words, only the punctuation.

na4bart
02-13-2005, 11:33 PM
That was really funny - after I managed to pick my jaw up from the floor.

theRealMacoy
02-14-2005, 05:35 AM
Thanks for sharing Mason.

Did the manager check with the railbirds for other calls as well? Disputed hand...."well what do you think"...."yes you at the rail?"....."you don't play? well that is fine with us but give us a ruling won't you."

cheers
the Real Macoy

beerbandit
02-14-2005, 09:40 AM
i saw the pit boss make a terrible call the other night

3-6 lhe

two players involved in the hand, button and mp

--mp bets flop, button raises
--check, bet, call on the turn
--check, bet, call on the river

board contained an ace and two eights

button flips over ace-ten
and mp shows one of his cards which was an 8 and he tosses the other card in the muck, button calls out dead hand and the dealer knows the rule and pushes the button the pot

the other player starts complaing, it was obvious what he had - one other player at the tables states you need to cards to win and such

one of the floor managers gets called over and asked if the dealer saw the eight -- by this time the cards were all pulled together and ready to be shuffled -- the dealer states yes and the mp player is awarded the pot -- i was told later that this was a new pit boss

cheers

Randy_Refeld
02-14-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
one of the floor managers gets called over and asked if the dealer saw the eight -- by this time the cards were all pulled together and ready to be shuffled -- the dealer states yes and the mp player is awarded the pot -- i was told later that this was a new pit boss

[/ QUOTE ]

What a horrible thing; the guy with the obvious best hand won. If someone isn't aware they need both cards you do not take the pot from them for not knowing the rules. You want people that aren't familiar with the game playing. For the sake of completeness the floor can put in a set up and verify that this deck was not fouled.

Randy Refeld