PDA

View Full Version : I know there is spywares in my CPU but cant find them..

thenlguru
02-13-2005, 06:46 AM
I know i have spywares running in my computer, because of slowness of cpu. And also that in 5months it hasent told about any virus/spyware.

I am have running: Zone Alarm, Ad-Aware SE and F-secure antivirus, and all information should be updated. What else should I do to find the viruses and spywares?

Im very bad with computers so some basic advices are welcome.

soko
02-13-2005, 07:44 AM
If you aren't running ad-aware in safe mode then you might as well not run it at all. press F8 as soon as the first windows loading screen loads up and use safe mode with networking, it may take a little longer to start up but run adaware in there, it should make a difference. You may also have viruses (malware) which can be screwing with you but not be detected by ad-aware. there is a good free virus scanner at http://housecall.trendmicro.com you must also run this in safe mode with networking

spy587
02-13-2005, 02:15 PM
try using spybot. I have it on my computer, and it does a good job of finding spyware. Also, its free.

Shoe
02-13-2005, 02:33 PM
Go to microsoft.com and download their windows anti-spyware program.

Leo99
02-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Do a search on Hijack This. Download it and post your log to a forum that specializes in Hijack This logs. They'll tell you what to delete. And make sure to run CWShredder too.

I never heard of running programs in Safe mode for better results. Thanks for the tip.

captZEEbo1
02-13-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
try using spybot. I have it on my computer, and it does a good job of finding spyware. Also, its free.

[/ QUOTE ]

you must REALLY like spybot, if you named you have your user name based off of it.