PDA

View Full Version : Pot brewin' - 20/ Commerce

kemystery
02-13-2005, 06:22 AM
/images/graemlins/cool.gif9H 20/40 @ Commerce
typical idiotfest 6 /player avg preflop - NoFoldEm slot machine.
I don't post a lot of new topics and yada yada yada, so anyways LP limper is a naggy old broad who doesn't shut up about setups/dealers/floormen etc. and has funny orange/red dyed old lady hair plays kinda 'lay down and take it' - real prom nighter [Player held KJ on the river of an A /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif board, and layed it down for 2 bets on the river of a 10-15bb pot (it was AT v. AT)] She then tilted off a rack running everyone down w/ junk. Only aggro was a high limit player (higher than 20/40) who usually sits in the 1-2 or up games (john - wheelchair) was just blowing off checks raising and betting every hand down then turning over 9-3off, then he would let his buddy sit for him
and he played the same way, like a schmuck but say %15 more goofy because he had never played before

UTG limps, 3 limpers +granny to me on the button A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I raise, SB & BB(Wheels) plus limpers call 7 to the flop. 14sb
flop T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB passes, BB leads all four limpers have now switched to Max Suck Out mode, I steam raise on a condiment related issue b/c service forgot my Soy sauce again losing the SB, but snagging 6 trophy gillers on $60 lb. test. 24sb

turn: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif for T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Johnny Wheels leads $40 and the guys w/ jacksh.t fold and then granny who probably has something pretty good raises.

I take an out button. Comments?

TStoneMBD
02-13-2005, 06:27 AM
in a passive game like this, i dont think you can fold this hand. there is too much money in the pot and pairing the board is almost certainly going to win it for you. i actually think 3 betting here is probably better than calling. there is a good chance the bb will head out and granny will go into check-call mode with her flush. you knock out the bb if he is on a ten clearing up 2 outs while seeing the showdown for same price, while making more money if the board pairs as granny cant bet into a double paired board. granny may even have the case 4 in this situation, so i think your hand is too good to fold here.

CardSharpCook
02-13-2005, 06:41 AM
you may be winning you may have 10 outs. Who cares, call down.

I like your post, good story, funny descriptions.

CSC

kemystery
02-13-2005, 07:01 AM
4-1 shot 4.3-1 if she has the A hi flush 7-.5-1
is a call - but-- the betting is not closed Wheels could open it up again, if Red caps its my $160 to $560 strange 3.5-1 plus this lady was waay tight so I put her on the nuts - which is a read related to the game conditions being so passive, save for speedy, they almost always just called. I actually made a 'lucky' fold. I'll post the results shortly