PDA

View Full Version : TT Trip Report - Vegas

Luv2DriveTT
02-13-2005, 05:57 AM
I have never been good at my trip reports. They tend to be evaluations of the room, but I usually leave out the juicy details about the actual hands I play.

Well this trip I am striving to be more like Mike Gallow. I resolve to:
1) Bring a notebook
2) Post an update on my trip daily (when possible of course).

DAY ONE - NYC to Vegas

One of the best parts about this trip is my company paid for it. The unfortunate side effect is that I had to fly on Jet Blue to LA from NYC first, wait 2 hours, and then transfer for the Vegas flight. That drove me mad..... but luckily I got the time to re-read SSHE on the planes. The flight wasn't that bad, and the rental car upgraded me to a Chrysler 300 for just $10 a day... so I guess all in all the traveling portion of my trip was pretty cool so far.

When I arrived at the Bellagio, my room reservation was missing. Luckily the Poker Room was very helpful and found another room for me. The rate is $199/night on the weekends, as long as you log in 9 hours of play in the poker room. (LITTLE KNOWN SECRET - you can also log your hours at the Mirage, they share databases).

As I already mentioned in a previous post the poker room is closed for renovations, so they moved the room out on the floor. After a 1 hour wait for a 8/16 table I was all ready to go.

Great highlights:

* Daniel Negrano haging on the phone while I was waiting for fellow 2+2ers. He is much bigger in real life, in fact he is not that short.
* Guy at my table thanking me for leaving so he can start winning pots again.
* +4.46 BB/Hour winning session, with 7 hours logged in.
* Dumb regular who asked for two new setups in a 1 hour period. That pissed me off, but dealer took his side
* Dealers generally suck when they play poker. Bellagio dealers are no exception
* The games at mostly 6+ to the flop, EVEN when raised UTG. Its as if am staying in Ed Miller's Nirvana!
* I'm surprised at how slow the Bellagio dealers are.

My eyes are rolling back in my head, I am so tired. More tomorrow!

TT

Reef
02-13-2005, 06:04 AM
I can't wait to go to Vegas. It sounds like a huge pool of fish, with me being the master baiter.

Evan
02-13-2005, 06:04 AM
This reads more like a high school book report than a trip to Las Vegas.

Also, stop quoting win rates on a 7 hour basis. Do you care what my win rate for my last 200 hands? It was -12.27 BB/100, not that interesting (also see: Not at all relevant).

scrub
02-13-2005, 06:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This reads mroe like a high school book report than a trip to Las Vegas.

Also, stop quoting win rates on a 7 hour basis. Do you care what my win rate for my last 200 hands? It was -12.27 BB/100, not that interesting (also see: Not at all relevant).

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an angry little midget today...

scrub

Evan
02-13-2005, 06:12 AM
After the trip reports that we poured our hearts and souls into how can you, in good conscious, allow this to pass under the same name?

Also, once I actually looked up my win rate over my last 200 hands the tone of the post took a dive towards blatant cynicism.

scrub
02-13-2005, 06:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After the trip reports that we poured our hearts and souls into how can you, in good conscious, allow this to pass under the same name?

Also, once I actually looked up my win rate over my last 200 hands the tone of the post took a dive towards blantent cynicism.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your post was a high school book report, it would get a pretty bad grade...

scrub

Evan
02-13-2005, 06:23 AM
I'm guessing yours would not be looked upon too highly either for ending every sentence with an ellipse.

Also, editing rules.

Evan
02-13-2005, 07:02 AM
Wow, I do suck at spelling (and diction too apparently).

I am a poster child for the effects of Word's auto-everything.

TomBrooks
02-13-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This reads more like a high school book report than a trip to Las Vegas.
Also, stop quoting win rates on a 7 hour basis.

[/ QUOTE ]
Many posts on this forum would not pass high school writing standards, so I consider the OP's report rather well written in an absolute and comparative sense. I'm not sure what you mean by it reading like a book report, but I found it interesting and informative, and I hope to see more like them, which we might if people don't decide to not write them to avoid subjecting themselves to criticism. By the way, I was particularly intrigued with the mentioned win rate.

After specifically sharing his goal with everyone of trying to improve his reporting, I hope the writer finds it in within him to ignore your attempt to cut him down, and I encourage him to continue with his endeavor. =TomBk

edtost
02-13-2005, 06:52 PM
no, you're the poster child for people who avoid reading books at all costs......

Evan
02-13-2005, 06:54 PM
I was joking around dude. I was just giving him a hard time for it not including strippers or drunkeness and the like. I am pretty sure he got the joke.

I also doubt anyone is not writing trip reports because of my "critical" posts since they are pretty much always responding to people I actually know.

Evan
02-13-2005, 06:57 PM
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
The following items were included in this shipment:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal
1 Inside the Poker Mind: Essays $21.21 1 $21.21

1 Small Stakes Hold 'em: Winning $24.95 1 $24.95

Item Subtotal: $46.16
Shipping &amp; Handling: $4.98

Super Saver Discount: -$4.98

Total: $46.16

Paid by Mastercard: $46.16

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This shipment was sent to:

Evan XXXXXXX
200 XXXXX St Apt 607
New York NY 10038
</pre><hr />

Blow me bitch!

edtost
02-13-2005, 07:01 PM
how many pages of reading have you done, say, over the past year, not related to poker and not required for school?

if zero, we can extend backwards.

Evan
02-13-2005, 07:05 PM
Does WEBoggle count?

edtost
02-13-2005, 07:08 PM
not unless you've been getting all up ons the dictionary to study for it....

TomBrooks
02-13-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was joking around dude.

[/ QUOTE ]Oh, sorry. You wrote it so "straight" I didn't realize.

Evan
02-13-2005, 07:18 PM
Well, c'mon. I see "Trip Report - Vegas" and not a single sentence starts out, "I was so wasted..." or ends, "...and I had no idea where my pants went." That's disappointing if you ask me.

Luv2DriveTT
02-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Tom:

Evan is a friend.... he is pulling my leg.

Evan:

ok... to sex the report up a bit, I was approached by a hooker in the Bellagio evevator but I didn't realize what she was doing until hours later (ok, so I am slow). I also got propositioned by the counter girl at the Bellagio snack bar. She offered to play strip poker and loose. I declined respectfully since I couldn't see her face behind all the acne /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

The true hedonisim starts tomorrow when the MAGIC convention kicks in, I'll be sure to post while stinking drunk.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Luv2DriveTT
02-13-2005, 08:06 PM
shite, I could have saved you the shipping fee by bringing back some books from the Gamblers General Store. I charge a small 80% vig, I think that is more than fair /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

TT

Evan
02-13-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I could have saved you the shipping fee

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? I thought I was getting a pretty good deal from Amazon at $0. I also could've gone to Barnes and Noble but I chose to favor laziness.

Luv2DriveTT
02-13-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I could have saved you the shipping fee

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? I thought I was getting a pretty good deal from Amazon at $0. I also could've gone to Barnes and Noble but I chose to favor laziness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps, but then I cannot collect my vig.

The Armchair
02-13-2005, 09:18 PM
How many have you? I want to see where I rank.

mostsmooth
02-13-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

* Daniel Negrano haging on the phone while I was waiting for fellow 2+2ers. He is much bigger in real life, in fact he is not that short.
TT

[/ QUOTE ]
ive seen him before, id kick his ass
/images/graemlins/cool.gif

mostsmooth
02-13-2005, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I declined respectfully since I couldn't see her face behind all the acne /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
dude, acne disappears when you turn off the lights
whats wrong with you?

DrPublo
02-14-2005, 12:17 AM
My guess is that edtost's answer to that question going back to high school AND NOT COUNTING READING 2+2 is somewhere between 0 and 150.

The Doc

Mike Gallo
02-14-2005, 12:21 AM
Well this trip I am striving to be more like Mike Gallo(w)

Gotta love carrying a notebook and using it.

Mike Gallo
02-14-2005, 12:25 AM
Evan,

I sense some hostility.

Cut down on the Red Bull intake. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike Gallo
02-14-2005, 12:30 AM
was approached by a hooker in the Bellagio evevator but I didn't realize what she was doing until hours later (ok, so I am slow).

Happened to me also, she spent a good 30 minutes pretending to get to know me before she propositioned me.

Evan
02-14-2005, 12:33 AM
ITS PUBLO'S BIRTHDAY!!!!

edtost
02-14-2005, 12:53 AM
believe it or not, i read books for fun.

edtost
02-14-2005, 12:54 AM
probably less than your number, or anyone else who actually reads. but betting its higher than evan's is like getting infinite odds.

Sponger15SB
02-14-2005, 12:56 AM
JustinA (8:33:24 PM): today I played at a table with Andyfox, Clarkmeister, and Tommy Angelo
Sponger (8:33:33 PM): sounds like a good game, lol
JustinA (8:33:43 PM): I gotta work on my game selection

And yes, I gave him [censored] for being in his room on his laptop at 9PM in Vegas.

Luv2DriveTT
02-14-2005, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And yes, I gave him [censored] for being in his room on his laptop at 9PM in Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially when we had a laggy 3/6 game feturing Ed Miller, Mason, Felica Lee &amp; hubby Glenn, Whisky Town, Al Cappone Jr, Radick, The Dude, and others (my memory is [censored] now, too many drinks). That game was hysterical.... games like that are always better with whisky (in my case - scotch!).

Luv2DriveTT
02-14-2005, 05:24 AM
So little time, so much to post. I'm going to let others discuss the 2+2 meet up, it was the best time I had all month. To get things started, these are the topics that need to be discussed:

* Mason's raises were respected a bit too much for a LAG game
* We had 18 players, but by the time we sat down it was just 10 of us
* Tom &amp; Corey disappear to eat dinner with Tommy Angelo &amp; Andy Fox. When they come back (taking Ed Miller &amp; Mason's chairs) they took the level of LAG up to level 9.
* Straddling is fun. Bind raising on the button is plain dumb. And it’s great when a dumb play pays off with over 30+ big bets
* Ed Miller is not only a great player, he also gets VERY lucky on the river.
* When I sat back and (seriously) said "what would Ed Miller do?" Since he was in the hand, he did not reply.
* Felicia Lee says I am gay 12 times in 3 hours. That must be a new record.
* Mason's new 2+2 shirts rule. I want one when they are ready
* The Dude is not only a super-LAG, he also introduces the ROCK to 3/6 games. The dealers loved it when there were 2 rocks on the table at the same time.
* Watching regular guys sit down at our table then run away in fear was hysterical. One particular local rock was seriously annoyed yet stayed anyway.
* Whisky Town sucks at straddling with the rock, he forgot to put the rock into play when he was UTG. He folded his hand but we made him put the rock into the pot after he folded (its only fair). This infuriated the local rock because "we make up our own rules". I think Al Capone should elaborate
* It was the first time Mason had played with a rock in years. The rock rules, it mandates a straddle.

I finished the 2+2 game up 28 big bets... how that happened when I played like a total fool I'll never know. I must have tipped over $60, I know our table was popular with the dealers.

When the game broke up Al Capone Jr wanted to play craps with me (I want to learn), but Tom &amp; Corey talked me into playing 15/30 at the Bellagio. I have never played limits this big before, but I had 1 hour to play so I figured I couldn't do too much damage. They were right.... I won 16 big bets in 35 minutes, and another 4.5 BB when I moved over to a 5 handed game with Tom.

OK... time for me to sleep. There will be no trip report tomorrow, I have to work for the day /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mason Malmuth
02-14-2005, 05:52 AM
Hi Luv:

You wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
Mason's new 2+2 shirts rule. I want one when they are ready

[/ QUOTE ]

We expect them in about a week, and then we'll get something up on the website.

best wishes,
Mason

NJchick
02-14-2005, 10:27 AM
I agree with Evan. Where is the TR about debauchery and wild times in LV?

Blech.

NJC

nolanfan34
02-14-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
* Tom &amp; Corey disappear to eat dinner with Tommy Angelo &amp; Andy Fox.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the heck are Tom and Corey??

The rest of the report was great. Was there a picture taken at any point?

Al_Capone_Junior
02-14-2005, 12:58 PM
The floorman at mirage handled it well when we had the rock problem. Because the rock is a mandatory straddle, it must be put into the pot no matter what your cards are, no matter whether you incorrectly folded them out of turn. The rock is a forced blind in the rock game - you couldn't fold your BB hand and then subsequently refuse to post your BB because your hand was gone, right? So when whiskey folded, he was still forced to put that rock in anyway. In addition, there was action behind (felicia had already called the $6). The local didn't understand the rock game concept, but after it was explained to him he EVENTUALLY got it, and then properly called the six (he had posted in the cutoff and owed three more).

Twas a supa-fun game, no doubt!

al

buzzbait
02-14-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Who the heck are Tom and Corey??

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume he is talking about Tolbiny and Victor, respectively, on this board. (BTW, it is Cory). I don't post much, but these are the guys that pointed me to this forum and I knew they were going to vegas, so I wanted to see if there was a report on it. Good to hear they took up the LAGiness level at the table. Did Cory behave? Did he put on a nice drinking exhibition at the table?

radek2166
02-14-2005, 02:18 PM
It was a blast. I wish I would have had a deeper stack. If I rmember correctly their were actully 2 rocks in play at on time.

Yes Corey put on a good drinking exibishion. I looked like a total NOOB. I plaeyed for 1 1/2 hours. I had AK twice AQ 3 times Never hit a flop or a turn.

FeliciaLee
02-14-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Felicia Lee says I am gay 12 times in 3 hours. That must be a new record.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know you knew I was just screwing around. I'm always cracking crazy humor to try to loosen people up. Since I can't tell a joke, I usually go with the deadpan, totally inappropriate one-liners.

I think I called Tommy and Andy old...you gay, Whiskey a bleeding heart liberal, Dave a redneck with a bowl haircut, Ed a scruffy guy who broke his mirror lately (but looks hotter than ever), the guy with the raggedy goatee and lumberjack shirt NOT gay, the young guy I teased about being under 21 and cute as a button, Money line being too good looking for our crew, me being a failed man, a failed dyke and a walmart special shopper...on and on.

It's worked in the past, seemed to work okay this time, so I guess I'll keep it up until someone socks me in the face.

Oh, but that blazer, TT, omg, that blazer made the statement itself!

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PS: I played so badly!

Phishy McFish
02-14-2005, 03:33 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Seriously I'm sure this was inevitable, but I came to Mason with this thought almost a year ago.

Mason,

You can still let me know the price and have a chance to beat it. (Hmmm askign a pro card player to quote a price for you to beat......probably -EV)

FeliciaLee
02-14-2005, 03:42 PM
Ugh, please don't encourage him. I'm getting a bad mental picture of TT without his pants, lol.

FeliciaLee
02-14-2005, 03:51 PM
Nice meeting you, TT.

Jeez, for someone who looks so educated, you can't spell worth a lick. Gallow? Felica? Whisky? Negrano?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, he's tiny, it's just that you're tinier. I think I'm taller than both of you by far.
[ QUOTE ]
* Dumb regular who asked for two new setups in a 1 hour period. That pissed me off, but dealer took his side

[/ QUOTE ]
At Commerce it's every 15 minutes or more often, and when I rolled my eyes one time, a local said, "What? We are being courteous by only asking every 15 minutes!"

Felicia /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Luv2DriveTT
02-14-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice meeting you, TT.

Jeez, for someone who looks so educated, you can't spell worth a lick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks can be deceiving eh? I just play an educated person on TV.

[ QUOTE ]
No, he's tiny, it's just that you're tinier. I think I'm taller than both of you by far.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am 6'1", you are shorter than me. Danny just looks smaller on TV, it caught me off guard. Whats funny though was that he was the only person there for the Sat 2+2 meetup... and he wasn't even a part of it. The irony....

Luv2DriveTT
02-14-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, but that blazer, TT, omg, that blazer made the statement itself!

[/ QUOTE ]

I look G00t! Best quote of the evening - 50 year old east coast woman sitting to my right at the Mirage 6/12 (while waiting for the 2+2 game). "I love your jacket, you are the best dressed man in the poker room. So, you gonna get laid tonight?". I kid you not..... I almost spit up my drink on the table when she asked me that. (Evan &amp; NJChick - I did not get laid, sorry to let you both down).

[ QUOTE ]
PS: I played so badly!

[/ QUOTE ]

So what? That didn't stop me from winning :P In all seriousnes I played well post-flop unless I declaired that I was going to play that hand horribly. But then again that was the only way to beat The Dude, Tolbiny, or Victor who were total maniacs. Compared to them I was tight as crab's ass (thank you NJChick), but compared to the rest of the table I was as loose as a 42nd street whore.

Good times.... its fun to spew chips every once in a while just for laughs. I think the funniest part was that the real chip spewing didn't start until Ed &amp; Mason left. I guess every one was on their best behavior (although laggy none the less).

PS: Mason wanted to post a hand between himself &amp; Felica. If they don't do it by tomorrow, I'll dig up my notes in my official MIKE GALLOW WANNABE BOOK . Yes thats right.... I have my very own MGWB that I started taking with me when I play. The best part is that nobody looked at me twice hen I made notes in it, even at 15/30.

stabn
02-14-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Whats funny though was that he was the only person there for the Sat 2+2 meetup... and he wasn't even a part of it. The irony....

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, he wasn't. I was there too, but when one is looking for possible 2+2ers you don't exactly fit the bill. I hung around the area for about ten minutes looking in the sports book and around the bar there. When i didn't see anyone (other than daniel, who was at what i assume is the higher limit game podium, which is on the end of the temp. poker room right next to the bar), i simply went and got on the list and got in a game.

It was probably best that we didn't run into eachother that day anyway. We would have just wasted time waiting around for other 2+2ers and even longer trying to get into a game together. Although, it could have saved me from my only losing session in vegas...

Luv2DriveTT
02-15-2005, 01:53 AM
When I saw Danny he was standing in front of Light, at the end of the bar. I didn't see you there, I guess we just missed each other. Thats ok, had a blast playing with you and LURKER (she was sweating Stabin, lucky guy!).

That reminds me.... there was an odd pre-flop play that Ed commented was probably +EV. I don't remember the scenario, does anyone else remember?

knifeandfork
02-15-2005, 02:38 AM
http://www.makersmark.com/HandMade.aspx
Mrs Lee,
you'll find that whisky is A OK spelling as is whiskey.

jason

Luv2DriveTT
02-15-2005, 11:26 AM
Day Three Report:

I haven't been feeling well for a few months. Those of you who have met me in person has no doubt heard me cough, stress seems to be one of it's triggers. I generally feel fine, for a long time I thought it was related to chronic post nasal drip brought on by allergies. But all the drugs I have been taking don't seem to be helping, the coughing attacks are slowly becoming debilitating.

So why am I discussing this in a trip report? Because I travel across the country with the hopes of playing every day but my cough is beginning to slow me down. Its getting really annoying, I had to drink scotch all night long on Sunday just to be able to sit at the table (scotch calms my lung spasms for some odd reason). On Day 3 I think I could have played longer even though I was loosing, but I just didn't feel well enough to continue. I told tolbiny that I needed to attend an event for work, but I was feeling too ill to even do that.

So let me get down to the play... I called Victor and tolbiny because I knew they were in town for one more day. Since they were playing at the Mirage I decided to join them there even though I generally prefer the Belagio. The Mirage seems to be filled with local rocks from my past experiance, so although it wasn't on the top of my list I decided to play with them there.

There was one seat available for 10/20 so I sat down and had my ass handed to me on my first hand. I posted from the CO and found TT. With 3 limpers I raised, 5 players to the flop. The flop was something like 862, suits unimportant. Two players saw the river with me driving all the action when an Ace hit. It was once again checked around to me so I bet for value. Both call.... and show AQ and 86s. UGH!!!! I knew what I was in for from this point forward, I looked forward to a possible series of bad beats by passive calling stations. Normally I welcome this problem because as long as I am getting the best of it I will prevail in the long run, but winning today was not in the cards. I was stuck 29BB in 3 hours /images/graemlins/frown.gif I was very slow and methodical with my play, playing an ABC game with only one error (I incorrectly bet the river for in a scenario when heads up the aggressor checked the river before me, his hand was MUCH better than mine) so I am happy with my play. You can't win 'em all! Too bad, the locals played so poorly with no understanding how to protect their hands. They called to the river with any two high cards, with rare exception a pre-flop raise meant AK, QQ, KK or AA unless the raise came from the button (it could be any suited Ace for some of the players). The table was so juicy, but it just wasn't my day.

I'll play some 8/16 if I have the chance this evening, I'll post when I can. Unless I can get with Al_Cappone to learn how to play Craps!

tolbiny
02-15-2005, 12:40 PM
Dude-
you forgot to mention the second straight day that a woman questioned your sexuality.
Priceless dude, priceless.

see you in NYC asap.

tolbiny
02-15-2005, 12:54 PM
"Did Cory behave? Did he put on a nice drinking exhibition at the table?"

did cory behave? In a word yes. In many words- Not an effing chance. By the time we hit the magoo game cory was 20 hours and 30 drinks into his second poker session of the weekend.
The best part about the weekend was how he tried to conivnce me that he was playing good at 15/30, despite his begging the dealer to remind him to straddle when it was his turn.
The second best part about the weekend was the fact that he was playing good (for the most part) and he managed to turn a weak tight game into a bunch of lags whenever he was in the pot. he was getting four bet on the turn by bottom two pair.
The downside was he bluff raised a river with Q high, and was called down by K high.
Trip report coming at somepoint.

tolbiny
02-15-2005, 01:02 PM
"the young guy I teased about being under 21 and cute as a button"

That was me!

I am now permantly associated with the posting legand FeliciaLee.

Luv2DriveTT
02-15-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude-
you forgot to mention the second straight day that a woman questioned your sexuality.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only after I turned down her offer to take me upstairs. I knew who she was, there have been numerous posts here about the late 30's Russian woman who gets drunk and asks the other players at the table to take advantage of her. I think she is a cocktail hostess at another room in Vegas, I had no plans of catching Valentines day VD from her. Nasty!

PS: I hope this makes NJChick &amp; Evan happy /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NJchick
02-15-2005, 01:56 PM
No TT -

What will make me happy is when I see you post about all the chicks you've played strip poker with in your room.

Stop posting this nonsense and get to it! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Geez

NJC

Luv2DriveTT
02-16-2005, 03:12 PM
Day four was an interesting one for me. I felt very good this morning; the constant coughing had slowed down. I was able to ge lots of work done at the trade show, and even got a chance to see Michael Imperiolli. I wanted so bad to scream out STUEY!!!!!, but I held it in. He looked bored to tears; he was waiting for Jay Z to show up at the Roc-a-wear booth. Poor guy, I guess the trashy Russian girls surrounding him where not that interesting.

So I left the trade show to hook up with Al Capone and Photoc at Bolder Station. For those who do not know Al is a floor person at the Aladdin, and is training himself to be a Craps dealer. He even owns a craps table in his home (scary stuff!). Bolder Station is mainly for the locals, and is essentially empty mid-day when I showed up to learn how to play craps in a casino environment. I have been practicing online where I successfully turned 100 into 2K in a simulator, but playing live is FAR harder than the computer. I found it really hard to remember when to place the odds, and in what increments. Luckilly the dealers where paitent with me. The whole concept of tipping while playing craps is odd, it seems that you actually wager $$$ for the dealer, and if they win then they put it in their toke box. If they loose.... I guess there are some hungry nights eh? With their skillful advice I worked $100 up to $453 in an hour and 1/2 before I decided to call it a day. I want to finish reading Mason &amp; Lyn's Craps book before I continue playing... the variance is HUGE in craps and I'd rather make sure I am getting the best of it (within reason since craps is a -EV game) before I continue playing. Thanks Al Capone &amp; Photoc for showing me the ropes!

I jetted down to the Bellagio to play some 8/16, I wanted to take it down a level after the previous nights 10/20 loss in such a short period of time. I landed at a gift from god, the table from heaven. 7 players on average to see the flop, often I was the only one ruining the family! I LOVED it except I was catching cold cards.... so my heaven quickly turned to purgatory. When I finally did play my first hand (it took almost 2 downs to get there) I raised from CO -1 with QQ - both red. The flop was AKK - all black. Suffice to say I folded this hand after it was bet by UTG and raised by a MP player, both are unimaginative players who will bet any flop when their cards show at least high pair. The winner said something along the lines of "nice to see you finally play a hand, middle pairs should never be raised in this game". I loved him for acknowledging that he was clueless with that statement, but it was pointless because over the next 3 hours I would be blinded down to a loss of $14 BB. I only played three other hands that were not the big blind (winning all three I might add). Besides the time I had AA and everyone folded preflop to my UTG raise (that surprised me.... I guess I have a tight table image eh?, in fairness by this time the local rocks had taken over the game with the exception of two chip spewing idiots) there were no memorable hands, the closest would be an open PFR with 44 from the CO with three to the flop of Axx - checked around to me and everyone folded to my bet.

After that much time of being blinded down I was ready to call it a night. I was on the table change list for an hour already, so it was pointless to remain.

On the bright side the Bellagio set up a temporary cage yesterday, it should be running by this evening. Now the nightmares with chip runners during the construction of the new room are gone! I'll play at the Bellagio again tonight, and I hope to also make it to Binion's today for the weekly Wednesday meet-up. I know Photoc will meet me there, should be interesting!

No sex to report..... no drugs besides Rhinocourt for my allergys, and no rock and roll (the music from the nightclub Light gets really annoying in the evening while I am trying to play poker).

TomBrooks
02-16-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was on the table change list for an hour already, so it was pointless to remain.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi TT,
Don't they do the table change requests before they seat any new players?
- TomBk

Luv2DriveTT
02-17-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was on the table change list for an hour already, so it was pointless to remain.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi TT,
Don't they do the table change requests before they seat any new players?
- TomBk

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but there were no new players seated. And there were a few requests before me as well.

Trip report on the final day, comming soon.... I'm in Phoenix now, getting ready to play at Casino Arizona.

Evan
02-17-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I showed up to learn how to play craps in a casino environment. I have been [/b]practicing[/b] online where I successfully turned 100 into 2K in a simulator, but playing live is FAR harder than the computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF???

('nuf said?)

Luv2DriveTT
02-17-2005, 06:55 PM
Play craps some day and you will understand... the concept is easy, but just like in poker you have to memorize the odds that each bet pays, so you know how to take the odds on your come and place bets (or place a point, but I don't bother to do that). Suffice to say its more confusing live than I expected. Craps is the best gamble of all the casino table games because you can lower the house percentage down to .8%.

PS: Dave (Al Cappone) hasn't played a lot of poker lately, he has been trying Craps because he is trying to get a job as a craps dealer

jar
02-17-2005, 07:29 PM
Which odds structure did the game you were in use? Double-odds is dead easy. 3-4-5 is pretty simple, you just gotta remember that the greater your odds of making the point, the more you have to bet. If you're stuck in a single odds craps game, always bet 3 chips on pass/come. That way you can take exact change 3-4-5 style odds.

If you want some fun reading about craps, read Lyle Stuart. He has a good explanation of playing craps and baccarat, along with some bogus money management crap, and plenty of fun Vegas anecdotes. I have an old version of his book that I picked up in a used bookstore in AC when I was a kid; I've been meaning to pick up a more recent one for entertainment value.

Photoc
02-17-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
because he is trying to get a job as a craps dealer

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he's considering learning how to deal just to do it one day a week or something somewhere. He isn't quite at the trying to get a job phase yet.

But yet, lots of odds and things to remember when you are playing with 10x odds or better. You should have come with us to Jokers Wild. They use .25 cheques and give exact payouts. Such as 1.50 on the 6 and 8 placed pays 1.75. 6 quarter to 7 quarters. That place had the exact same set of players with their stools both days we went down for some drinks. Same bets. $1 on the line with $1 odds. Take me down, put me up, move me there, change it to that number....whoops, 7 out!!!

[censored] strokers. I hate fleas.

whiskeytown
02-17-2005, 09:04 PM
oh hell ya... - Ed gave it to me b4 he left...don't think I ever won it...

I think I had 24 offsuit - and then, didn't that grumpy bastard win the hand? And he STILL BITCHED?

my one regret is getting ready to leave, winning the rock BACK on my last hand, and not taking it with me....

I wish I had it on my desk for a trophy - LOL

RB

whiskeytown
02-17-2005, 09:10 PM
all I can say is, thank god I had been drinking before coming to the Mirage - I don't think with my tolerance I could even GET drunk at the Mirage - 40 min. a drink almost. I can drink more and faster at Canterbury where they're trying to cut me off....

but we were all good to go by the time magoo started, I think /images/graemlins/grin.gif

the waitresses were MUCH faster and drinks deeper at the Imperial Palace...(and sheeeiit....nice outfits there too)

RB

radek2166
02-17-2005, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jokers Wild

[/ QUOTE ]

Wheres this place at?

Photoc
02-17-2005, 09:24 PM
It's on Boulder Highway and Warm Springs Rd. Warm Springs is where Sunset Station is. Basically, you can take Boulder south and JW is a small place on the left or take 215 East past Fiesta right into Henderson, turn left and it's about 1/2 mile on the right.

It's a small joint. 600 slots, 3 poker tables, 5 Bj's, 1 roulette, 1 dice, and a few bars/restaurants.

It's cozy though. I like not climbing over tourists just to play craps the way I want to play it.

FeliciaLee
02-17-2005, 09:53 PM
I wish I could come down. But man, the humidty is like 100% right now in Kingman, and I'm in PAIN!

Sorry,

FeliciaLee
02-17-2005, 09:59 PM
I'm really lucky that craps hurts my legs just standing there for hours.

Or I'd be TJ Jr.-ette, losing all of my money at the craps table.

I'd be an addict.

TomBrooks
02-17-2005, 10:22 PM
Did you take any pics?

Luv2DriveTT
02-17-2005, 10:23 PM
Russel is the most sober drunk I have ever met. If you had a few before sitting down I would have never known it. In fact I was kind of shocked, I mean you..... YOU are whiskeytown. I think you are rather well put together for your nick.

Russel and I ran into each other at the airport on our way out. I sat down next to him by accident, what are the odds of that happening? Petriv's Book of Odds doesn't say!

Trip report coming tomorrow, too much to do for work today.

whiskeytown
02-17-2005, 10:42 PM
same airport gate too - just one plane apart...but with the shades on, I wouldn't have recognized you otherwise...

I've pulled myself together a lot the last few months....I didn't even drink all the days I was there, and never had a hangover...

I was on about my 35th hour awake except for catnaps though....that was rough...Felicia thought I looked much older then I was - (32) - I'm hoping that was just lack of sleep - I'd still like to bed a few 20 something women before I'm considered a geezer.

but then, whiskeytown was just the name of a band I liked anyways...

RB

Luv2DriveTT
02-18-2005, 01:58 AM
Thats cause we ran into each-other when I was wearing normal clothing, not a suit like I normally do. Its true that for some people clothing makes the man, I look totally different without a suit on - its true.

I think I am the same age as Felicia (which is older that you RB, thankfully she said I was just gay, not old too. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

FeliciaLee
02-18-2005, 02:04 AM
Who would listen to Felicia anyway? What a moron, she wouldn't know age or sexual preference if it hit her over the head.

Luv2DriveTT
02-18-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who would listen to Felicia anyway? What a moron, she wouldn't know age or sexual preference if it hit her over the head.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.... PS: I hope you are feeling well. I was thinking of you today when it rained in Phoenix.

FeliciaLee
02-18-2005, 02:21 AM
You don't wanna know. It's raining for the next five days here, according to forecast. What a horrid winter for Arizona! I should just fly to Foxwoods and move in, lol.

Hope you're having fun! If it clears up in the Phx area in the next couple of days, we'll drive down. For now, I'm stuck in bed 24/7 (yes, I actually had to relocate my PC to my bed, ugh).

Luv2DriveTT
02-18-2005, 02:30 AM
I'll be playing Saturday evening, but I don't think I can play tomorrow /images/graemlins/frown.gif. I leave on Sunday (I think).

radek2166
02-18-2005, 06:08 AM
I will say this about TT. One hell of a nice guy. I am glad we all meet it was way fun. I hope we can do it again while I am still in VEGAS!!!!!!!!!

Derek in NYC
02-18-2005, 10:35 AM
Steven,

My wife and I moved to NYC from Texas, and she commented that it is much harder in the northeast to tell heterosexual men from homosexual men up here. Too much of that metrosexual stuff, Im sure.

Luv2DriveTT
02-18-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Steven,

My wife and I moved to NYC from Texas, and she commented that it is much harder in the northeast to tell heterosexual men from homosexual men up here. Too much of that metrosexual stuff, Im sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your married? Thats funny.. you looked gay when I met you.

(ok ok ok... I admit it, this joke is getting a bit long in the tooth)

GuyOnTilt
02-18-2005, 05:15 PM
I just want to know one thing:

WTF was up with those nametags you guys were all wearing?!

GoT

stabn
02-18-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Discussion at the cage as i was cashing out from the magoo table:

Cashier, "Are you guys from a convention or something."

Stabn, "Nope, we kinda know eachother online."

Casiher, "Like, an RPG group or something?"

Stabn sighs. Lurker laughs.

FeliciaLee
02-18-2005, 05:24 PM
You should talk...you wouldn't even come downstairs to meet us! You holed up in your room, probably surfing 2+2 or playing Internet poker.

Boo!

Justin A
02-18-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should talk...you wouldn't even come downstairs to meet us! You holed up in your room, probably surfing 2+2 or playing Internet poker.

Boo!

[/ QUOTE ]

He heard about the nametags and decided evening HBO would be more fun.

BottlesOf
02-18-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there have been numerous posts here about the late 30's Russian woman who gets drunk and asks the other players at the table to take advantage of her.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

BottlesOf
02-18-2005, 05:45 PM
There is a lot of misinformation in this post.

Buy Mason and Loomis's Fundamentals of Craps, and you'll find that there are only a select few bets that you're supposed to make. Remembering odds is only necessary if you want to know why you are making certain bets. It's not necessary.

Also playing perfect basic strategy in blackjack can get the house edge under 0.5% depending on the particular rules regarding DAS, surrender and the number of decks.

Luv2DriveTT
02-18-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is a lot of misinformation in this post.

Buy Mason and Loomis's Fundamentals of Craps, and you'll find that there are only a select few bets that you're supposed to make. Remembering odds is only necessary if you want to know why you are making certain bets. It's not necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not know about Blackjack, but perhaps I should have better explained odds in my previous post.

A single odds bet is an additional wager that the point number will be repeated before a seven is rolled. Different point numbers pay off differently, and different rooms allow you to take 1x, 2x, 5x, 10x, and at some up to 100x odds.

Points 4 &amp; 10 pay 2 to 1
Points 5 &amp; 9 pay 3 to 2
Points 6 &amp; 8 pay 6 to 5

memorization of these payouts (which are equivelent to the true odds of making the point, the only bet a player can make in Craps without a house advantage) is important to assure the correct value of the the odds you are taking, or the house will round down and give the player less that the full payout. The casino will not make change for less than the minimum bet.

PS: I've read Mason &amp; Lynn's book.... its a great primer. I am FAR from knowlegable on craps, please feel free to correct any errors you find in this post.

BottlesOf
02-18-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am FAR from knowlegable on craps, please feel free to correct any errors you find in this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, you signed your name twice. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

GuyOnTilt
02-18-2005, 07:48 PM

Boo!

Felicia,

I really did want to meet you and I'm sorry I didn't. But when I looked down and saw nametags on everybody's shirts, I really couldn't bring myself to do anything but laugh, including walking down there to say hi to everybody. A wise man once said, "It is a sad world we live in when grown men think nothing of wearing nametags," and I tend to agree with him.

GoT

MaxPower
02-18-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

It had to be TT's idea.

stabn
02-18-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

It had to be TT's idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was Al capone's idea, but maybe it was TT's. I really can't remember at this point.

TomBrooks
02-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Nametags give one a sense of belonging to something larger than oneself, amongst other things.

Photoc
02-18-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nametags give one a sense of belonging to something larger than oneself, amongst other things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, in Vegas, we call that ....our employer.

Luv2DriveTT
02-18-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

It had to be TT's idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was Al Cappone's doings. Since it worked well in AC, I went along for the ride.

But how the hell did GOT know we were wearing name tags if he was up in his room? Something doesn't smell right....

GuyOnTilt
02-18-2005, 10:24 PM
It was Al Cappone's doings. Since it worked well in AC, I went along for the ride.

Handing out and/or wearing nametags at a social gathering is about as lame as it gets. It blows my mind nobody spoke up and vehemently objected to that idea. Ridiculously lame.

But how the hell did GOT know we were wearing name tags if he was up in his room? Something doesn't smell right....

I was sitting in the 40/80 most of the time you guys were there. After a bit of watching from afar, I decided I couldn't handle the whole nametag thing and I left to head out to dinner with some people. Your 3/6 game was still going when we left and I had planned on coming over after dinner and sitting with you guys, but when we got back from dinner, you all had split. Kind of disappointing, as I had spent part of the time walking back to the cardroom discussing possible names I could refer to you as. There were actually some pretty good ones in there too: Tic Tac, Trailer Trash, Toto, Titty Twister, Tiny Tim, Teeter Totter, etc. But yeah, I guess I officially missed the official meet-up. I got to chat with stabn whom I had met before, Mason over lunch the previous afternoon, the Babe for the first time, and Ed whose hair gets longer and curlier every time I see him (I think he's trying to copy me /images/graemlins/wink.gif ). And I spent a lot of time with Andy, Clark, Tommy, the Dude, NLSoldier, and JustinA over the weekend, but for all of those whom I missed, I'm sorry we never crossed paths and hopefully next time I'll have the privilege of meeting you.

GoT

Luv2DriveTT
02-18-2005, 10:56 PM
I'm old enough to not give a shite anymore about the little things in life.... if Dave wants to wear name tags, I wear a name tag. No sweat off my back.... oddly it helped since there were so many people all of us had never met before. Not evryone wore a name tag, its not like it was a required happening. Next time dont be such a nit, come over and say hi /images/graemlins/tongue.gif It would have been nice to put a face with the hyper aggression /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

The Dude told me you were sleeping upstairs, that would explain how you knew.

TT - Touring Trophy