PDA

View Full Version : i raise EP and was 3bet by pocket 4s, what does this mean?

TStoneMBD
02-13-2005, 04:28 AM
20/40 tstone.

The 3bettor in this hand is a solid tag seat to my left. Hes a little bit more passive than advised on these forums, but certainly a winning player. Coldcaller is a weaktight player, and I was scared to death by him calling 3bets cold.

Hero is EP with KQo

Hero raises, TAG 3bets, CO calls, blinds folds, Hero calls.

Flop: J86r
Everyone checks

Turn: K
Hero checks, TAG bets, CO folds, Hero calls

River: T
Hero checks, TAG bets, Hero calls.

TAG shows 44, MHIG. Coldcaller said he had AQs.

Can someone explain to me what the villain was thinking by 3betting me with 4s? Does this mean he thinks I'm a chipspewer? That's the only logic I can fathom for 3betting me with this hand, unless he just wanted to be deceptive with me. Despite this play, he's not very creative, and he's not big on isolating. If there is a psychological reason for why he 3bet me, how should I play against him in the future? Less semibluffing, more value betting?

Kaz The Original
02-13-2005, 04:30 AM
I would think it means you're a little weak tight on the flop.

TStoneMBD
02-13-2005, 04:37 AM
im not weaktight postflop. if anything im a spewer. i value bet religiously in comparison to anyone else in the game including the tag.

bicyclekick
02-13-2005, 04:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
im not weaktight postflop. if anything im a spewer. i value bet religiously in comparison to anyone else in the game including the tag.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's not talking about you...but rather the guy with 44, who's not a solid tag as you say.

Kaz The Original
02-13-2005, 04:56 AM
I was talking about you, and what I should have said I suppose is that it means is "he thinks" you are weak tight on the flop. But then why doesn't he bet the flop?

Even the old "mis click" theory doesn't apply. Seems to be an ok flop for him too. Maybe he just decided to give up when it was three way, and then grew a pair at the wrong time?

TStoneMBD
02-13-2005, 05:20 AM
well im actually quite surprised that he bet the turn as well. i was truly far more worried about the coldcaller than the 3bettor in this hand, and so was the 3bettor. im quite surprised to hear he had AQs actually, because him calling 3 cold should mean AK, or big PP.

Ryno
02-13-2005, 05:37 AM
Sometimes people make rash, impulsive decisions that they immediately recoginze as wrong. Would explain his flop check. I wouldn't adjust your game at all.

CardSharpCook
02-13-2005, 06:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes people make rash, impulsive decisions that they immediately recoginze as wrong. Would explain his flop check. I wouldn't adjust your game at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely. That is what happened. It had nothing to do with you. He was playing with himself. Pun intended. I had a roommate who talked about "mental masturbation" - the theory had nothing to do with poker. It was that sometimes we engage in thinking about possibilities, and these possibilities contain ideas about how great we are, and how much we are going to do, etc, etc.

I think he looked down at 44, heard your raise, and said "I'm gonna play this 44 like AA!"

What do I have to say to you? Quit thinking the world revolves around you and get back into the heads of your oppenents.

CSC

kemystery
02-13-2005, 06:34 AM
FPS