PDA

View Full Version : question about that sunrise tourney

08-25-2002, 11:43 AM
So I've been following the threads about that sunrise freeroll tourney with some interest... did it ever start or was it all BS? From their ads it seemed like a no lose situation, but I never found the time to join the tourney. Plus, many people here seemed to think the site was garbage. Laziness and other people's wariness combined with a "there ain't no thing such as a free lunch" attitude meant I didn't consider playing, for better or worse. What were people's experiences?

Leon

08-25-2002, 12:19 PM
I sat at a table was disconnected and was not allowed to resit after reconnection, sat had not started. Tried a few times in the three days to sit at a table, but couldn't.

Unhappy with my experience at Sunrise.

MS Sunshine

08-25-2002, 01:09 PM
I showed up on time for the first tour (whatever that meant) and there was no tournament. I emailed support and no response.

Can't even figure out how many times you have to win to get to the money. Anybody know? If not, I'm thinking it's not worth the time and effort.

08-25-2002, 09:07 PM
I showed up at 5:00 CENTRAL as advetised only to have the server crash a couple of times.The tourney finally started about 45 mins later.I also sent them numerous emails with no response.

08-26-2002, 06:28 AM
So the tourney did in fact start? That's interesting. Most people's experiences don't say anything about the thing even getting off the ground.

It sounds like the site sucks and went through some startup SNAFU's, but at least the thing actually started. Of course they don't reply to emails, can't admit something is wrong... /images/smile.gif

Thanks for the info.

Leon

08-26-2002, 09:31 AM
although i have criticised sunrise on several occasions and will continue to do so as long as they continue to lie that they use bots, i like to be fair when i can

i wrote to them at support@sunrisepoker.com a couple of times and received no replies

then i wrote to them at support@sunrise-poker.com and received replies almost instantly

perhaps some of you have not added the hyphen when you have written to them?

08-26-2002, 03:45 PM
You all better hope they didn't get your personal credit card info or anything during the promo.