PDA

View Full Version : 97o in BB

sublime
02-13-2005, 03:22 AM
i have a new rule. i dont play late at night. it never goes well, i am usually tired and not as sharp as i need to be. anyways, check out this hand and rip me up if need be.

no reads, i didnt have my PT going or anything (playing on another site that doesnt support it and it slows the software down)

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, Button folds.

River: (5 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

TStoneMBD
02-13-2005, 04:16 AM
i think this is a good steal flop for you. calling the turn is reasonable, obvious cap on the river.

Danenania
02-13-2005, 05:34 AM
I disagree with your whole post. I think that is a terrible flop to try a steal on with 3 other players in. I think the turn is an obvious raise. I think the river cap is debatable and very read dependent.

TStoneMBD
02-13-2005, 05:54 AM
lol. ive been under the impression that stealing uncoordinated low flops with a gutshot is a reasonable play. im not saying bet this every time but i thought it was reasonable to consider betting here. if im wrong let me know.

Danenania
02-13-2005, 06:01 AM
This flop looks pretty well coordinated to me: a 6, a 5, a flush draw. Also has a card in the playing zone. Plus it's four-handed. Nearly everyone will have either overcards, a pair, or a draw. I think a bet takes this pot down maybe 1 in 10 times or less.

A better flop to steal on would be something like K56r, where if no one has the K you have a good chance to take it.

BK_
02-13-2005, 03:51 PM
i like the entire hand. flop check is obvious, turn call is very nice since it is unlikely a flush draw is out there and you want to give everyone a chance to hit 1 or 2 pair, and the river cap is good though maybe not automatic vs his 3 betting range.

sublime
02-13-2005, 04:32 PM
I disagree with your whole post. I think that is a terrible flop to try a steal on with 3 other players in. I think the turn is an obvious raise. I think the river cap is debatable and very read dependent.

i dont think this is a flop i will pick up a noteworty amount of time. i think your "obvious" turn raise is very debateable due to two factors:

the size of the pot
the texture of the board

the river i can see where you are coming from, but i think more often than not getting your money in here is a good idea.

Jonny
02-13-2005, 05:41 PM
I like going for overcalls on the turn as well. I also think the river is a definate cap.

I'd play it the same.

MAxx
02-13-2005, 05:56 PM
like flop and turn. i agree that river capping is debateable and probably read dependant. it would make sense for a Q-9 to play the way it did... at the same time that is almost too much like seeing monsters. against a donkey i cap. against a solid player on a good day, i just call river 3-bet.

Danenania
02-13-2005, 06:04 PM
Part of the problem with the river cap is that even if SB doesn't have Q9 after he 3-bets, there's a good chance he has 97 and you are splitting. In both cases it is much better to call, especially with another player to act behind you.

MAxx
02-13-2005, 06:26 PM
good point.