PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE 8:Making a living playing poker...

08-25-2002, 09:41 AM
Top ten things I swear by when I play internet poker.

10: Thou shalt never sit in a game which contains 2 players with weird names, such as pigirl, born2lose, weirdrash, pimpslap, bluffYerAss, 31354979, chickenlegs, etc etc. These players obviously have to much time on their hands and its a good bet that some time has been spent reading poker books.

9: Thou shalt try to get into peoples heads. Do you're homework, while playing 1 game have other rooms open so you can study other players. Write notes and stats, look for tells. You will be well rewarded.

8: Thou shalt FOCUS. Play in only 1 room. More than that is for suckers, players just don't realize how much money they lose when they participate in more than 1 game. Its also very annoying when 1 have to write zzzzzzzzz. Also do not multi task while playing a big no no.

7: Thou shalt not participate in conversations with players. Mums the word. a good exercise for this that i use is I imagine a robot playing poker, then i litteraly become the robot. Remember be the bot!

6: Thou shalt not post on any internet sites. Besides being a dead giveaway that you're a rock it also provides you no increase in you're hourly winnings. Here's a perfect example of what a complete waste of time these posts are.

WOW look at the run i had while at poker stars: MS sunshine

7 hands

0 bets

0 calls

0 raises

WOW look the run I had while playing at pokerstars: jek67

I once had a 5 card run like that amazing.

Thats nothing dragon

At propoker i once 6 hands in a row.

Thats nothing: MS sunshine

Gee guys thought i was the only one having this run of cold cards.

5: Thou shalt not play lower levels than 8-6. They are full of players with no clue, might as well play the lottery. This is no resemblance of poker.

4: Thou shalt not eat while playing, besides crumbs on the keyboard I've noticed a decrease in my focus

3: Thou shalt not take advantage of the bonus the poker sites offer. This is a sure way for the sites to mark you and set you on a higher level(card generator will be looking to get you.)

2: Thou shalt not play in freerolls. just like anything in life, like water and air, nothing is free,. you are paying for it one way or another. Besides they're like 200+ players enrolled in these freerolls and then they pay 1 winner like 50$ bucks, please don't make me laugh.

!: Thou shalt never say ty(thank you) or reply to nh(nice hand). remember be the bot!

bobcards im not sure these rules apply to me but ill take them into consideration. Thanks again for all you've done for me.

P.S. Thanks for the referral at pokerroom i'll use those points wisely

08-25-2002, 02:45 PM
Thanks for posting this advice pooppoop ! some very thought provoking information - It seems to me that the following 2 points might be the most difficult to follow: Is strict adherance required ? (I am serious here, I have not selected the items about bots because we have been joking about them, I understand the reference as an example)

7: Thou shalt not participate in conversations with players. Mums the word. a good exercise for this that i use is I imagine a robot playing poker, then i litteraly become the robot. Remember be the bot!

!Thou shalt never say ty(thank you) or reply to nh(nice hand). remember be the bot!

bill

08-25-2002, 03:15 PM

08-25-2002, 03:50 PM
Does that require eating kem-chee and those weird noodles every day?

I'm sorry, but I can't do it then.

MS Sunshine

08-25-2002, 05:05 PM
pooppoop

I have another serious question, when you say:

3: Thou shalt not take advantage of the bonus

the poker sites offer. This is a sure way for the sites to mark you and set you on a higher level(card generator will be looking to get you.)

Do you mean "participate in the bonus" -Or do you mean participate and cash out the bonus money ?

For instance: I bought into propoker for 25.00 with a 75.00 bonus, I have played the required minimum plus more hours and have about $80.00 in my acct. If I wait another 30 days I can cash it all out as per the agreement but "that" would be taking advantage of the bonus. Now if I did this I might have to worry that there was an affiliation of propoker and one of the more popular sites that I play, and that the bots might migrate max headroom style to the new site and sabatage me ? (sorry about the bot joke, I am serious with this question)Am I reading to much into this ?

thanks

bill

08-25-2002, 06:54 PM
BBill said:

pooppoop

I have another serious question

ROFL

BBill said:

pooppoop, Am I reading to much into this ?

ROFL

BBill, i'm gonna let you in on a secret.

pooppoop is GOD..

whatever he says must be followed PRECISELY, or you will never have Nurse friends, or ever truly enjoy a turkey sandwiSH.

08-25-2002, 07:09 PM
Granny,

Now I am worried !! LOL...

08-25-2002, 07:12 PM
Now I am worried !!

about poopoop ?? so am I BBill, so am I

08-25-2002, 07:51 PM

08-25-2002, 07:52 PM
"Do you're homework"

...and it obviously should include a bit more from the English Department.

08-25-2002, 08:10 PM