PDA

View Full Version : Thank You 2 +2......

stillmatic
02-13-2005, 02:47 AM
Just wanted to post this to say thank you for all the help and information ive gained through reading these forums. The posts along with the SNG strategy post have helped me out tremendously. Ive just gotten to 700 $11 SNG's documented using that great spreadsheet program and wanted to show my results. I don't know if i can keep these up but even half of these numbers would be acceptable really.

ROI 67.5%
ITM 50.0%
Ist place 25.7%
2nd place 7.1%
3rd place 17.1%

Without 2+2 i would hate too think i much money i would have lossed, but instead ive equipped my recording studio with madd new equipment. Any suggestions to moving up, As i would like to move to atleast 22's and hopefully up to 55's soon, would be greatly appreciated.

Best of luck in life

ilya
02-13-2005, 02:50 AM
I don't think I believe you. I have never heard of anyone sustaining those kinds of numbers over such a large sample, even at the $11s.

The Yugoslavian
02-13-2005, 02:53 AM
Perhaps he's perfected Lori's 'river quad' technique, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Seriously though, all the numbers look to be on steriods. Especially the 1/4 1sts over 700 SNGs. How the hell is *that* happening???

Yugoslav

stillmatic
02-13-2005, 02:58 AM
if you want, i could send u my spreadsheet file. i have no reason to lie about this. I am just very aggressive once we get down to 4 or 5 and ussually end up winning the tournaments if i make money. I have won a majority of my coin flips and have been called a moron more than once for my aggressive tactics..but it has worked. I am sure i cannot sustain this but the numbers are factual. I assumed i would get this response, and rightfully so.. but once again thank you 2+2

Scuba Chuck
02-13-2005, 03:12 AM
I've got a better idea. We'd all love to hear what info you learned here helped you the most. And what is it about your style that you think has helped you achieve such a high first place distribution?

The Yugoslavian
02-13-2005, 03:15 AM
A spreadsheet file and $5 would *maybe* get me a cup of coffee here in the OC.

I'm jealous though if these #s are for real. Hook us up with the dope knowledge, yo! (per Sucba's request)

I'm on a nifty 1.5% ROI run in the 11s 8tabling myself this week. Apparently you've been at all of my tables calling me down and sucking out on me, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Yugoslav

Scuba Chuck
02-13-2005, 03:16 AM
Yugo, if you're practicing 8 tabling, why not practice on the STEPs?

The Yugoslavian
02-13-2005, 03:21 AM
B/c I love my immediate 1.5% ROI, /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Good question. I've always been anti-STEPs, but if my main thing is to get crazy with 8tables then you have a point.

Yugoslav

stillmatic
02-13-2005, 03:27 AM
The best analogy to my style of play is a basketball game. Both a SNG and a game have about 70 possesions. I make the most out of every possesion if possible. This involves being very tight in the first 3 rounds because you cant win a buzzer beater if your down by 30 with 5 minutes to go. I then loosen up and play the players from that point on. If at all possible i try to make serious moves in levels 4 and 5 to move out of short stack terriotory, but i am content to just wait if the "play" doesnt develop. I will then throw alot of caution to the wind late in the game (esp. if short stacked) and let the cards fall where they man,ussually they fall into the muck as the opponnet folds. If i have a huge chip lead, i just play off my opponets and may be extra tight or crazy, depending on each play and the cirumstances of the table (stacks, types of players, etc). This method ussually leaves me out in 5th or contending for ist, and i consider my short handed game my greatest asset. That is my basic premise but would be happy to go into greater detail. I will point out that if i am in a good postion to place i usually tone it down unless the table is fairly tight, but make sure to not go out like broomcorns uncle if at all possible.. just think of it like a basketball game- take what the defense gives u and maximize every possession. I ussually play from 2-4 tables, starting 2 at a time

davehwm
02-13-2005, 03:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A spreadsheet file and $5 would *maybe* get me a cup of coffee here in the OC.

I'm jealous though if these #s are for real. Hook us up with the dope knowledge, yo! (per Sucba's request)

I'm on a nifty 1.5% ROI run in the 11s 8tabling myself this week. Apparently you've been at all of my tables calling me down and sucking out on me, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched you play a couple of tables today after you busted out on the bubble in a 10+1 (I think I took first /images/graemlins/wink.gif). I was wondering what you were doing at the 11s after reading all the solid advice you give around here. I've only picked up playing the 11s this past week (after quite a few months of .5/1 play and bonus whoring) - but I've particularly enjoyed reading posts by both you and Scuba Chuck.

I'm actually going to start posting some hands for everyone to take a look at. I'm working on bubble play and fold equity concepts but feel as though I'm butchering them at times.

Scuba Chuck
02-13-2005, 03:34 AM
Yugo, you know Lori used to always hint that she was smashing the $10+1s. I'd like to hear her comments here.

Lori, you out there?

stillmatic
02-13-2005, 03:36 AM
I think my biggest strength for the ist place finishess a very aggressive game once im in the money, I try to raise at the right spots and grind people down, I dont just wait for a big hand to raise, i pick my spots and have gotten quite lucky the last month. i ussually end up getting called by a 107s or something on the last hand because my opponet is fed up, and i am ussually holding the better hand, or atleast a virtual coinflip with a dominating chip lead

Daliman
02-13-2005, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The best analogy to my style of play is a basketball game. Both a SNG and a game have about 70 possesions. I make the most out of every possesion if possible. This involves being very tight in the first 3 rounds because you cant win a buzzer beater if your down by 30 with 5 minutes to go. I then loosen up and play the players from that point on. If at all possible i try to make serious moves in levels 4 and 5 to move out of short stack terriotory, but i am content to just wait if the "play" doesnt develop. I will then throw alot of caution to the wind late in the game (esp. if short stacked) and let the cards fall where they man,ussually they fall into the muck as the opponnet folds. If i have a huge chip lead, i just play off my opponets and may be extra tight or crazy, depending on each play and the cirumstances of the table (stacks, types of players, etc). This method ussually leaves me out in 5th or contending for ist, and i consider my short handed game my greatest asset. That is my basic premise but would be happy to go into greater detail. I will point out that if i am in a good postion to place i usually tone it down unless the table is fairly tight, but make sure to not go out like broomcorns uncle if at all possible.. just think of it like a basketball game- take what the defense gives u and maximize every possession. I ussually play from 2-4 tables, starting 2 at a time

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me with this?

The Yugoslavian
02-13-2005, 03:47 AM
Ahh, so you were also taking all of my $$ today, /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

I recently got a new monitor and signed up at a Party Skin and thought I wanted to get my 8-table on.

Granted, this could have a disasterous effect on my psychological well being since I'm getting humiliated by all sorts of hands but it's cool.

It's a small price to pay to become the ZJ/Giga of the mighty PP $11s, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Yeah, post hands. I never have but I should and I know it.

Yugoslav

Daliman
02-13-2005, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I recently got a new monitor and signed up at a Party Skin and thought I wanted to get my 8-table on.

Granted, this could have a disasterous effect on my psychological well being since I'm getting humiliated by all sorts of hands but it's cool.

It's a small price to pay to become the ZJ/Giga of the mighty PP $11s, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Alas, you will never be the Daliman of the 10's....

microbet
02-13-2005, 03:51 AM
Why haven't you moved up?

ilya
02-13-2005, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean, Dali? The post is vague, but it seems to describe a solid general approach. Do you just dislike the analogy?

stillmatic
02-13-2005, 03:57 AM
i have been run over by bills and family health problems which have taken a large chuck of the money (the rest i put into music) i have made, so i have just really been able to keep about 600 in my account. I plan on moving up but have just recently been in "the zone". My roi was only 29% for the last 500 games so i am taking it slow and making sure my play is optimal before i move up (because i still make many stupid plays).. i just learned how to play poker 6 months ago so it will come in due time.

I hope to move up within the month, if i can continue to play well

ilya
02-13-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i have been run over by bills and family health problems which have taken a large chuck of the money (the rest i put into music) i have made, so i have just really been able to keep about 600 in my account. I plan on moving up but have just recently been in "the zone". My roi was only 29% for the last 500 games so i am taking it slow and making sure my play is optimal before i move up (because i still make many stupid plays).. i just learned how to play poker 6 months ago so it will come in due time.

I hope to move up within the month, if i can continue to play well

[/ QUOTE ]

You claim a 67.5% ROI over 700 tournaments, then say that your ROI over the last 500 was 29%.

Are you saying that your ROI over the first 200 was 163.75%?

microbet
02-13-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My roi was only 29% for the last 500 games

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that your ROI is really any of my business, but this is a little confusing, given the 67% ROI above. Could you explain? Please.

The Yugoslavian
02-13-2005, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Alas, you will never be the Daliman of the 10's....

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh? Who says I would want to be? /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Yugoslav
Zing!

REL18
02-13-2005, 04:13 AM
Cuz hes lying type it in pn pokerprophecy hes roi is 9.7 percent in last 20 games.

The Yugoslavian
02-13-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

You claim a 67.5% ROI over 700 tournaments, then say that your ROI over the last 500 was 29%.

Are you saying that your ROI over the first 200 was 163.75%?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, that'd be one helluva ROI over *any* sample greater than like half a dozen or so....

Yugoslav
Back to ZJing the $11s

stillmatic
02-13-2005, 04:16 AM
no, my roi for the set of 500 was 29% was seperate before these 700, i had been grouping them together but decided to start my new set when it became apparent i had really caught fire (1200 total for the two) i have probably played over 3500 total.

I would guess my ROI would probably be atleast 30% total for every tourney, but much higher for the last 1500 or so.

The Yugoslavian
02-13-2005, 04:17 AM
I trust pokerprophecy even less than the OP though, /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

I dunno, I don't buy any of that. To Scuba's point. Lori was smashing the $11s and was still under 50% I believe (close to but still under). Nowhere near 67% or whatever the heck that guy is claiming.

Yugoslav

The Yugoslavian
02-13-2005, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
no, my roi for the set of 500 was 29% was seperate before these 700, i had been grouping them together but decided to start my new set when it became apparent i had really caught fire (1200 total for the two) i have probably played over 3500 total.

I would guess my ROI would probably be atleast 30% total for every tourney, but much higher for the last 1500 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any math types to suggest how possible 67% ROI over 700 is being a 30% ROI lifetime player?

Also, if you 2-4 table and have played 3500, wouldn't that be several years worth of SNGs? How come we haven't heard from you sooner?

Yugoslav
P.S. While I like the idea of having a nice basketball analogy to poker I don't think it really works dude.

stillmatic
02-13-2005, 04:26 AM
you got me, i am lying about my stats to get attention. I acutally am negaiive 25% ROI. Seriously, i debated even posting this because i knew what response would be given.

So i will leave it at..... good luck to everyone, learn as much as you can from this forum because it is a literal goldmine of information. I was a losing player until i found this website and would probably still be if not for it. Hopefully I will see u at the 55's or higher (where i will be happy to grind out any decent ROI, my same philosphy as the 11's). Peace and many blessings in life.
or higher very soon (by the way, my name is not stillmatic on pp either)

REL18
02-13-2005, 04:27 AM
Dude again i know amir vahti he says its impossible he might be wrong but im just saying

stillmatic
02-13-2005, 04:30 AM
40 a day times 6 days = 240 a week = 1000 a month roughly
that would equal around 3 and a half months
good day

Scuba Chuck
02-13-2005, 04:46 AM
1,000 games a month. You're a professional.

stillmatic
02-13-2005, 05:00 AM
Heres what i am going to do.... i will start a fresh spreadsheet and do 100 games. I will then fill u in on how my new set is doing. It shouldnt take me more than 3-4 days (got a couple shows to do also) I highly doubt i can keep my roi up this high but we shall see, i truly beleive anything is possible at the PP 11's. I will promise an honest ROI, whether negative or whatever

Peace

1C5
02-13-2005, 09:03 AM
Cool, I would be interested in seeing that.

stillmatic
02-13-2005, 09:10 AM
i am at 24 so far.......

74% ROI
50% ITM
25% 1st place

up to 300 on leader board for month playing 11's

stillmatic
02-13-2005, 09:20 AM
by the way, that is since 12:00 am. Just wanted to put that before everyone says that its not possible to finish 24 in 4 hours.

GimmeDaWatch
02-13-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
B/c I love my immediate 1.5% ROI, /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Good question. I've always been anti-STEPs, but if my main thing is to get crazy with 8tables then you have a point.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, Yugo, think I might have seen you on there tonight. Is your screenname Yugoslav?

GimmeDaWatch
02-13-2005, 10:18 AM
Also, if you 2-4 table and have played 3500, wouldn't that be several years worth of SNGs? How come we haven't heard from you sooner?

Ummmmm, at 20 a day thats about 6 months. IM GOOD AT MATH!!!!!

The Yugoslavian
02-13-2005, 04:55 PM
20 SNGs a day is a *ton* if 2 tabling unless it's fulltime.

Yugoslav