PDA

View Full Version : QQ - too strong or too weak?

dkernler
02-13-2005, 02:28 AM
I have MP2 as LAP through 40, others as typical LPP.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (15 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

My thinking was first that I can't be afraid of the K. After the raise, I should call just to not bet and fold in the same round. On the turn, I pick up a GSD, and I call with the odds. Is this all standard, or did I play another hand horribly wrong?

The only thing I can think of is raising the turn. I keep swinging from weak-tight to spewing chips with bets, so please feel free to belittle me.

Dead
02-13-2005, 02:41 AM
I like this play a lot better than I liked your play with the Kings about an hour and a half ago.

I think one of your leaks may be that you push your pockets too much into aggression. Like if you have Kings and an ace flops, and you bet, are raised, and then you 3bet. That to me is too aggressive.

dkernler
02-13-2005, 02:52 AM
Do you mean this one? I think I was biased by an earlier play by Button going crazy with a marginal hand. In retrospect, I played this one horribly. If it wasn't obvious on the flop, the turn should have made it clear. Can I claim temporary insanity?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (12.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (18.70 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 21.70 BB

Sykes
02-13-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you mean this one? I think I was biased by an earlier play by Button going crazy with a marginal hand. In retrospect, I played this one horribly. If it wasn't obvious on the flop, the turn should have made it clear. Can I claim temporary insanity?

BTW, does your screen name begin with 'de' on PokerStars as well?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (12.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (18.70 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 21.70 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf are you doing? slow down. Unless you have a read on button being a total maniac, I would put him on AKs, AKo, AQs, QQ.

I would fold either on the button raise on the flop or on the button cap on the flop, as long as he's not a total maniac.

Either way, if you don't believe your opponet has an A, your line here is to check/call down.

BTW, I'm slumming it at the 5c/10c tables also, so I know how they play.

Dead
02-13-2005, 03:02 AM
Heh you can claim whatever you want. /images/graemlins/smile.gif We all do stuff like this sometimes.

There's no rules of poker. You can play anyway you want. I just would not have gone crazy on the turn like that.

But yeah I was at the table for that, and I thought I recognized your name from 2+2.

I also think you slowplayed quad tens on me last week. Maybe I'm mixing you up with someone else, but didn't you flop quad tens and then wait to raise me until the river, where we got in a raising war? I'm pretty sure you could have made more bets if you had just raised the flop. But maybe I'm mixing you up with someone else.

dkernler
02-13-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wtf are you doing? slow down.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I know. That's why I wrote that I played it horribly. Taking the 'villian capped with weak TP before' line into 'villian probably has nothing', which of course makes no sense.

Only posted in reference to Dead's comments. Not a hand I'm proud of. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Sykes
02-13-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Heh you can claim whatever you want. /images/graemlins/smile.gif We all do stuff like this sometimes.

There's no rules of poker. You can play anyway you want. I just would not have gone crazy on the turn like that.

But yeah I was at the table for that, and I thought I recognized your name from 2+2.

I also think you slowplayed quad tens on me last week. Maybe I'm mixing you up with someone else, but didn't you flop quad tens and then wait to raise me until the river, where we got in a raising war? I'm pretty sure you could have made more bets if you had just raised the flop. But maybe I'm mixing you up with someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, someone did this to me also. Flopped a set of queens when villian flops a set of tens. I bet, villian calls. Turn T, villian has quads. I bet, villian calls. River is J (Board is 4QTTJ). It get's capped and villian shows over TT (totally expecting AK here). And I just stare at my screen and starting laughing. Talk about weak-tight.

dkernler
02-13-2005, 03:08 AM
Nope, not me. Unfortunately.... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

dkernler
02-13-2005, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL, someone did this to me also. Flopped a set of queens when villian flops a set of tens. I bet, villian calls. Turn T, villian has quads. I bet, villian calls. River is J (Board is 4QTTJ). It get's capped and villian shows over TT (totally expecting AK here). And I just stare at my screen and starting laughing. Talk about weak-tight.

[/ QUOTE ]
This reminds me of a hand tonight where villian went check/call on the river with the nut FH. I wanted to thank him for saving me money. (I had hit my flush.)

Dead
02-13-2005, 03:22 AM
Some people on the Stars .05/.10 seriously have postflop agg factors of like 0.3. It's great. I win more money on my good hands and when I am up against better hands I lose less. When people hit flushes on the river against me sometimes they do not even raise. Haha.