PDA

View Full Version : Best plan

NUReedy
02-13-2005, 02:23 AM
Playin in Royal Vegas 20+2 tourney with rebuys
We are in the middle of the second round with blinds at 15/30. I have about 2500 chips, both villians have me covered.

Preflop: 4 people limp, SB completes, and I check in BB with Q /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif.

Flop (120 in pot): Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, Hero bets t100, called by two limpers in LP.

Turn (420 in pot): A /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero bets t300

This is more of a general question. Is my turn bet here good? I may have the best hand, may have some bluffing potential representing an A, and I have outs to the flush and straight. If I am raised, what should be my plan for the rest of the hand?

The table is pretty much your normal table, with most players being far too LAGy.

willie
02-13-2005, 07:00 AM
if you're raised here you may really be up against it with a quarter decker. It is highly likely someone *specifically the second caller of the flop bet* is sitting on king ten. in that case you have 3 outs to chop and 9 to drag the pot (most likely)

so if you're reraised a lot on the turn you may have to let the hand go. I like the bet out on the flop, and the turn bet is good too, if you're raised you have to evaluate chip counts, and how much you're willing to gamble to take the pot. If you're min reraised to 600, then call but i'd lay down to a stack that had me covered if the turn was pushed.

vicpanic
02-13-2005, 07:14 AM
Thinking about what could have called you on the flop, even if you get raised here you are 100% for sure live with your flush draw. I'd definately call the raise, and look for a club or a king on the end.

TennesseeKid
02-13-2005, 12:11 PM
I say your bet is good and your chances are incredible. You have 9 outs to the 2nd best flush possibility, 3 more to a straight, and 3 more to having two pair. If you get re-raised it is more than likely A/A setting up trips, K/K setting up a straight and having an overpair on the flop (semi-bluffing with the A on the turn), or another flush draw. I wouldn't put them on A/x or Q/J (giving them two pair) because they would have more than likely re-raised on the flop. Even if they do hold either of these hands, your 20% chance of hitting a club on the end gives you the 2nd best possible hand (only K/x is the nuts).

As far as them having K/10? They don't have it suited because you have the 10. As far as them having the straight? Play close to investment odds and if you hit the club--go all in.

rookieplus
02-13-2005, 02:11 PM
Isn't the key word in this problem REBUYS?

Assuming you're willing to rebuy, you're not out if you lose this hand. Because there are rebuys, it is more likely that at least one of these guys is on a draw or even an outright bluff. I'd push.

Absolution
02-13-2005, 02:19 PM
A raise here certainly isn't a terrible play with your hand. Given that they limped and then called (I'd call this loose passive, not loose aggressive by the way) AJ, A4 or a set of 4s are about all I see really hurting you. Something like K9, KJ, 9T, 89, or J9 are possibilities as well. But, the mindless limp caller types will call flops with some very surprising holdings and that A could have hit one of them with something like AT-A5 (or they could be fishing around with 45). I think you're ahead here enough of the time to put in the raise (and I like that move when you don't have position). If it were heads up I wouldn't mind a check call for the odds, but with 2 others in the pot I'd stay aggressive and possibly fold to big reraises (yuck). I doubt you get this uncontested against this type of opponent, but maybe you can get it down to one who is scared of your aggression on the river, even if you check.