PDA

View Full Version : Handreading exercise.

Entity
02-13-2005, 01:53 AM
$20 via stars to anyone who guesses the three hands involved in this pot (besides Evan).

1/2 6max.

Button is a TAG, though is often weak postflop. I can push him off of hands quite easily by c/ring flops that I read him as weak on. SB is loose and weak overall. There will be some controversy over my call but it's predicated upon reads and knowing what I can get away with against these players.

Folded to Button, button openraises. SB calls, I call.

Flop comes 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif4/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif.

SB checks, I check, Button bets. SB checkraises, I check-3bet, button caps. SB calls, I call.

Turn: A/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB bets, I raise, Button 3-bets, SB calls, I cap, Button calls, SB calls.

River: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB checks, I bet, Button raises, SB calls, I call.

Any guesses? I think this is a fun one. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bottomset
02-13-2005, 02:01 AM
very interesting hand and action here

you 35 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB:junk 2pair J4, J2
button: AJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

vulturesrow
02-13-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
$20 via stars to anyone who guesses the three hands involved in this pot (besides Evan).

1/2 6max.

Button is a TAG, though is often weak postflop. I can push him off of hands quite easily by c/ring flops that I read him as weak on. SB is loose and weak overall.

Note: My call preflop is predicated upon my reads, and despite that, is still possibly too loose.

Folded to Button, button openraises. SB calls, I call.

Flop comes 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif4/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif.

SB checks, I check, Button bets. SB checkraises, I check-3bet, button caps. SB calls, I call.

Turn: A/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB bets, I raise, Button 3-bets, SB calls, I cap, Button calls, SB calls.

River: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB checks, I bet, Button raises, SB calls, I call.

Any guesses? I think this is a fun one. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ill take a stab but this one has me baffled. Being shorthanded Button's openraise means nothing as far as hand strength. Since you couldnt push him off with your check reraise, I have to give him some credit. Shorthanded pot, TPGK is more than enough for him I think. I put him on KJo.
Since you said your call was loose based on your reads, I'll put you on A3o. SB in my mind is capapble of anything, so I say QJo. I am sure I am totally off here but this is an interesting thread.

Dead
02-13-2005, 02:12 AM
Button A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

TomBrooks
02-13-2005, 02:16 AM
Button: AJ or JJ

Small Blind: A3 or A5 or 36

Hero: AJo

SCfuji
02-13-2005, 02:40 AM
ent: 22
button: aa
sb: qj

dkernler
02-13-2005, 02:41 AM
My uneducated guesses:

SB: J4 (Only because 44 seems to obvious.)

You: AJ (Though I can't think of why this would be questioned, so I don't think it's right. But I can't think of anything else.)

Button: KK

If these are even close, it'll be a miracle.

cold_cash
02-13-2005, 02:42 AM
You have 44, Button has AJ, SB has 22, and you're a puss for not capping the river.

Puss.

GrunchCan
02-13-2005, 02:44 AM
SB: 24, 22 or 44
Button A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Entity: KJ, QJ, or TJ

SCfuji
02-13-2005, 02:54 AM
dont copy my set over set copy-cat cold cash. i said it first entity send me the money. i take credit card, personal checks, and neteller. let me know which method is easiest for you.

Entity
02-13-2005, 02:55 AM
Set over set over set is so passe.

mr pink
02-13-2005, 02:57 AM
well you pretty clearly dont have JJ as i imagine you'd 3-bet that there preflop. i'd read you as having a good hand, possibly a set but i don't see how calling a steal raise with 22 or 44 would cause any controvery here.

i'd say you got 35s for a flopped OESD that you decided to pump on the flop and the turn but slowed down on the river when the flush came in.

as for the other two, i'd say the small blind tried to get cute on the flop and check raise w/ AJo - hence the turn SnG and river calls. and the button sure looks like a set of aces from over here.

nice hand?

cold_cash
02-13-2005, 03:06 AM
I didn't read any of the replies before I posted, and I've had about 8 beers tonight, but I guessed AJ for the Button, which is two-pair.

Still, puss.

DeathDonkey
02-13-2005, 03:36 AM
You have 35s but not diamonds. Button has AA. SB has J4. You should have kept raising.

-DeathDonkey

mr pink
02-13-2005, 03:44 AM
yeah J4 is a distinct possibility, i left that out of my post.

GrunchCan
02-13-2005, 04:23 AM
So what do we got here? I'm guessing nobody's hit the bingo, as Mike Sexton would say, since you haven't chimed up.

I'm going to bed, and I want my 20 bucks, damnit. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jon_keck
02-13-2005, 04:52 AM
I'll take a stab:

you have 22
button has AJd
sb has 10Jo

grjr
02-13-2005, 04:59 AM
Button has AK
SB has KJ
Ent has 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Shillx
02-13-2005, 05:18 AM
Ok well you don't have a pair. Gettin 5:1 that is an easy call. Controversial calls include 53 or Jx. You are 3-betting AJ preflop.

So that brings it down to J4, J2, 53 and Jx /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. You aren't capping the turn with Jx /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I don't think you call PF with J4 and J2. You have 53s for sure, and probably 53 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Why you didn't 3-bet the river is beyond me. I guess you are weak tight after all. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

So you 53 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Button has AA.
SB has AJ.

Brad

sin808
02-13-2005, 05:21 AM
button: AA
SB: KJ
Ent: 44

seems unlikely, but I'm at work, so not in poker mode.

edit: dunno why I didn't even consider the possibility of JJ...

sin808
02-13-2005, 05:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are 3-betting AJ preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any possibility that's what he meant by controversial? Not re-raising?

yellowjack
02-13-2005, 06:48 AM
Button: AJo
SB: QJo
BB (you): 44

mcvalenc
02-13-2005, 07:20 AM
Button: JJ
Entity: 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB: J4s (or J2s)

SCfuji
02-13-2005, 07:42 AM
passe? sorry for guessing your highness. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

toss
02-13-2005, 08:35 AM
You: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif
SB: AJ (non diamonds)
Button: JJ

Nick Royale
02-13-2005, 09:10 AM
Calling, closing the action getting 5:1 with any PP wouldn't be controversy. And just calling with AA wouldn't be based "upon reads and knowing what I can get away with against these players." You wouldn't have called preflop with J4/J2/42 (and wouldn't have capped the turn). That only leaves 53/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (I don't think you'd 3-bet the flop if suited in another suit).

SB: AJ
BB: AJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Entity: 53/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Very nice read not 3-betting that river.

EDIT: Nice to know all this action can happen without any set. I was pretty close putting SB on JJ, though.

Isura
02-13-2005, 11:43 AM
I think the fact that you chickened out on the river indicates you didn't have 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. But then I'm thinking maybe 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif but why would you still back down on the river? Unless you feared A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB I'm really lost, but my I'm venturing a small PP. Final guess.

SB: 22 or 44
You: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Button: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

ddss6_99
02-13-2005, 11:51 AM
you: 53 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
button: AJ
SB: 24

the_rookie
02-13-2005, 12:34 PM
Do we have to get the suits correct too? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Here is my guess.

Button - AJd
SB - 22
Hero - 44

I think the fact you came alive on the flop, got me thinking maybe you can beat TP. THen watching the action on the turn I believe it was a set. I figured you'd raise hoping for a non-diamond or a diamond that pairs the board.

The river action = bet for value, call for one more bet because pot is huge and possibility you're still ahead...

I put SB on a smaller set because being loose/weak that he is, I'd have a hard time seeing him bet check-raising and leading the turn with anything less.

btspider
02-13-2005, 01:14 PM
some edits:
you: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
i don't think you check-3bet with 53s unless it has the diamond draw. i think you 3-bet the river with the flush.. hmm.. edit to put button on A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, so i can see the fear in 3-betting now if he is that weak.

SB: 22/44
loose and weak (passive?).. his check-raise is at least two pair, but i'll figure him for a set instead of a freak two pair.. gotta give him some credit i guess..

Button: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. AA/JJ are possible, but the river raise for a weak TAG is questionable.

Nick Royale
02-13-2005, 01:35 PM
I think you're getting close to the solution. I think putting SB on AJ as I did in my read is wrong and changing that to 44/22 would be more reasonable (would make our reads identical).

Should we settle for splitting the money? You put SB on 22 and I 44 and one of us would definately have the correct read /images/graemlins/cool.gif

TennesseeKid
02-13-2005, 01:53 PM
You: 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Button:A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB: K /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

DMBFan23
02-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Dudes,

Entity three bets the river for sure with 3d 5d, especially at 6 max. I put him on A4o, just for kicks.

Button has AJo (AA or JJ as well, but hey I gotta guess one)

SB is loose enough to have 24o? I'll put him on that.

Entity
02-13-2005, 02:46 PM
Ok, I'll share the results in white.

<font color="white">I have 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I would 3-bet with that on the river against almost all opponents but this guy; he went batshit earlier in the hand (which was unusual for him), but his river play had me absolutely certain he had a flush, so I wussed out. I sat there for about 25 seconds before deciding to call, and I was really really close to 3-betting it.

As is, SB's presence gave me a good overlay if I 3-bet and was capped, but when Button caps this river my hand is good pretty much never. He wouldn't cap this river with AA, though he'll probably raise AA. I thought A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif was a likely holding for him, but he turned over Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the flopped flush draw/turned gutshot draw and rivered flush.

SB had J/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif for the flopped set.</font>

btspider
02-13-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

<font color="white">I have 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I would 3-bet with that on the river against almost all opponents but this guy; he went batshit earlier in the hand (which was unusual for him), but his river play had me absolutely certain he had a flush. As is, SB's presence gave me a good overlay if I 3-bet and was capped, but when Button caps this river my hand is good pretty much never. He wouldn't cap this river with AA, though he'll probably raise AA. I thought A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif was a likely holding for him, &lt;chop&gt; he turned over &lt;chop&gt; the flopped flush draw &lt;chop&gt; and rivered flush.

SB had &lt;chop&gt; the flopped set.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

when i read this.. i realize i was dead on. where's my $20? chop chop!

edit: now *this* is what a guess the hands post should be.. not those silly "he had the nut low" or otherwise impossible to guess ones.

ni han.

Entity
02-13-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

<font color="white">I have 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I would 3-bet with that on the river against almost all opponents but this guy; he went batshit earlier in the hand (which was unusual for him), but his river play had me absolutely certain he had a flush. As is, SB's presence gave me a good overlay if I 3-bet and was capped, but when Button caps this river my hand is good pretty much never. He wouldn't cap this river with AA, though he'll probably raise AA. I thought A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif was a likely holding for him, &lt;chop&gt; he turned over &lt;chop&gt; the flopped flush draw &lt;chop&gt; and rivered flush.

SB had &lt;chop&gt; the flopped set.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

when i read this.. i realize i was dead on. where's my $20? chop chop!

edit: now *this* is what a guess the hands post should be.. not those silly "he had the nut low" or otherwise impossible to guess ones.

ni han.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought my hand was fairly obvious, but Button's was crazy (though his play was only slightly -EV, surprisingly), and SB's was very odd.

One of the reasons that I felt like 3-betting the river wasn't as obvious as some might make it is that Button is normally decent with good handreading skills (obviously he went gonzo on this hand), and so I couldn't see him not having a flush on the river after my turn cap and river bet.

Rob

Shillx
02-13-2005, 06:22 PM
This post should have been titled "How bad was buttons play here?" /images/graemlins/smile.gif Button was lucky that he wasn't drawing to just 3 outs on the turn imo.

Brad

Entity
02-13-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This post should have been titled "How bad was buttons play here?" /images/graemlins/smile.gif Button was lucky that he wasn't drawing to just 3 outs on the turn imo.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish the A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif would've hit on the river. Bam.

Frank Zappy
02-23-2005, 01:14 PM
I went to public school so my reeding needs some werk, but based upon you assessment of the players"

Button A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB A4
you 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or 22