PDA

View Full Version : intro question to tracking ROI and ROR

yanicehand
02-13-2005, 01:26 AM
i have lurked in the forums for the past two months while slowly making SNGs on party my main focus. I'd attribute Harrington's new book as well as these forums for vastly improving my game as of late. To make a long story short, I've been crudely tracking all my information on pen and paper, and now that I have about 150 SNGs under my belt, I was wondering the correct way to calculate ROI. I assume this is a relatively simple procedure, but how does everyone calculate/track this information? I was also curious as to figuring out ROR (which I believe can facilitate my decision as to how much bankroll is required to safely play a level?) I apologize for the ignorance of this post, but I figured this was the best place to get answers.

Thanks.

lorinda
02-13-2005, 01:29 AM
ROI is your profit (or loss, in which case it is a negative figure) divided by total entries.

If you enter 100 $10+1s and make a profit of $200 you have an ROI of +200/1100 or 18.18%

I'll leave the ROR calculations to someone better at explaining the more difficult math (I believe there's a calculator lying around somewhere but I'm not in a searchy mood)

Lori

SuitedSixes
02-13-2005, 02:04 AM
Find AleoMagus' spreadsheet. It will do all of that for you. It is really amazing.

lorinda
02-13-2005, 02:20 AM
Find AleoMagus' spreadsheet. It will do all of that for you. It is really amazing.

I don't have excel, or whatever the thingy required to run it is called.

Lori

AtticusFinch
02-13-2005, 02:29 AM
Here is an ROR tool:

http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~sharnett/poker/part2/rorcalc2.html

DBowling
02-13-2005, 02:56 AM
link please? better than PT for tracking SNG stats?

microbet
02-13-2005, 04:18 AM
I would guess that you just don't want a spreadsheet, but just in case you want one that is not excel, but will open most excel files you could use openoffice available at openoffice.org for free. I don't know if all of Aleo's features will work on it, but they likely will.