PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Decision - I think.

adamstewart
02-13-2005, 12:29 AM
Okay, in this hand I was "MPB" (as per the converter, whatever that means). However, for this discussion my hand and is irrelevant.

What I think is interesting is that MP3 had A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Never mind his preflop cold-call, it was bad, imo.

But I think he has a really interesting decision when the action gets checked around to him on the flop. He has two overcards and the nut flush draw. Intuition tells us to bet this.

*HOWEVER*, keep in mind that SB 3-bet preflop. It looks to me like he's either going for a check-raise with his high pair (AA-TT), or he's a least got a hand that dominates MP3's AT.

Anyway, if MP3 bets and SB check-raises, this is gonna push a lot (if not all) of the other players out of this hand.

Seems to me that MP3's best play is to CHECK the flop, and take the free card. Hopefully, a diamond will fall on the turn, then SB will lead, then MP3 could raise, trapping everyone for one bet.

What do you guys think?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MPB raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, MPB calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MPB checks, <font color="#CC3333"> MP3 ???

mr pink
02-13-2005, 12:44 AM
how sure are you that the small blind is going to check/raise?

i'd be more inclined to take the free card on the flop against a good thinking TAG because i think you have more reason to fear the check/raise. against a typical party player though, i think it's an easy bet.

Sarge85
02-13-2005, 01:03 AM
I'm not going to lie...

I can't follow what the F*ck your talking about.

But I'm pretty sure it's because i'm pretty drunk right now.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

mr pink
02-13-2005, 01:11 AM
yeah seriously i just reread that.

adamstewart
02-13-2005, 01:36 AM
Hmmmm.... sorry, I know it must be kinda confusing ... but this was the best way I could explain the scenario.

Try reading it again?
/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Adam

Alexthegreat
02-13-2005, 02:30 AM
I got your post....

To me the flop is an easy bet...It could buy me a free river card, and if I'm checkraised, no big deal because I have the nut draw..If any of the other players in between the checkraise come along, I'm 3-betting this as well.....It disguises my hand a little more and will pay me off when the flush hits....

I think a check here is a very passive play....

tetonpete
02-13-2005, 04:21 AM
I think you bet and if ckeck raised, you 3 bet it...you probably want to get rid of AK-AT at this point.

dblgutshot
02-13-2005, 04:28 AM
You mention that a checkraise from the SB might kick out a lot of players. I don't really mind that as the pot is already so large. If everyone just calls my bet, not bad. But if SB can raise and knock out the original preflop raiser's AJ or AQ or whatever, that buys me a few possible ace outs in case SB is checkraising overpair (lower than ace).

Although, maybe I bet too much. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rafael_Luiz
02-13-2005, 04:35 AM
I think in a pot that big and with a flop that bad, bet is right. Most of the people will call making the odds right. If small blind checkraises, which i doubt they'd do...people will probably still call with overs in between cuz the pot was so big preflop, and if they do, a reraise is right.

tetonpete
02-13-2005, 05:47 AM
at the time of my first reply i had put the SB on JJ-KK, but after thinking about it more, I think that with the flop check, AKs is just as likely, if not more. Although I must admit that a player who 3-bets AKs out of the sb is probably going to bet the flop. But I don't understand the flop check with JJ-KK, either.
also
I don't like the cold call, but I might cap preflop if I had gotten that far.

Danenania
02-13-2005, 06:10 AM
Checking would suck. Bet and win money. Nothing "dominates" AdTd on this flop.