PDA

View Full Version : preflop question about Kxs

Alobar
02-12-2005, 11:34 PM
you've got K5-2s on the button with 2 limpers in front of you, whats your play?

Me and Trix were talking about this on IRC the other day and he pointed me to a thread in the archives were Schnieds, Strip, and Peter all say it was a fold. 3 names whos advice I uber respect. Previously I have been limping it, but now I am unsure. How can A5-2ss be such an easy limp in the same spot, yet K5-2s is a fold? The top pair value cant swing it that much, can it?

Thoughts?

Nate tha' Great
02-12-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you've got K5-2s on the button with 2 limpers in front of you, whats your play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold. I might limp or raise starting from K7s.

It should be obvious why K5s is worse than A5s.

Danenania
02-12-2005, 11:51 PM
Nate, didn't you post some TTH stuff awhile back that made Kxs look better than it has previously been considered?

Nate tha' Great
02-13-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nate, didn't you post some TTH stuff awhile back that made Kxs look better than it has previously been considered?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but that's in a pot that's like four-or-five handed, where the ace-high is less likely to hold up on its own and also the aces are less likely to be live. In a three handed pot, I'd much rather have the Axs, and I'd raise with it if my table image were strong.

EDIT: Also, it's not so much that the Kxs hands are underrated, but that the Axs hands are overrated. Then again, I'm probably the only person on the boards that feels like suited connectors are underrated.

Danenania
02-13-2005, 05:37 AM
"Then again, I'm probably the only person on the boards that feels like suited connectors are underrated."

Just depends on what the trend is this month.

stripsqueez
02-13-2005, 05:49 AM
i raised a limper and a poster with Kc5c on the button today - thats a great plan judging by me hitting the best on the river after paying 3 bets 3 way on the turn

i love the button but it wont love me back if i make a habit of raising limpers with complete garbage

stripsqueez - chickenhawk