PDA

View Full Version : odd hand A7s from the big blind

mr pink
02-12-2005, 08:24 PM
bodog 3/6

i'm dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the big blind

mp2 seems kinda tight but weak post flop
mp3 is alright
button is a LAG who is really loose preflop

utg, utg+1, utg+2, and mp1 fold, mp2 raises, mp3 cold calls, co folds, button cold calls, small blind folds, i call.

flop: 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif (4 players - 8 small bets)

i check, mp2 bets, mp3 calls, button calls, i call.

was hoping the weak mp2 would check his overcards to the lag on the button so i could check/raise. seeing as how that wiffed, i just call. would just betting out have been better?

turn: J /images/graemlins/club.gif (4 players - 6 big bets)

hero checks... considering a check/raise depending on where the bet comes from, it gets checked around.

river: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif still 4 players still 6 big bets

i check, checked to the lag button who bets, i call, mps both fold.

was thinking about just betting the river but thought maybe inducing a bluff was the better play.

comments?

tetonpete
02-13-2005, 03:22 AM
I might have bet out on the flop, hoping either to define my hand or have the pf raiser limit the field with a free card play. Sounds like he's not the type to raise with missed overcards, though, so you probably played it right. And if I bet and he raises, with this player, I don't like my situation. And i'm not sure what i do on the turn if i bet out on the flop and everyone calls..i don't feel like i play well in this situation.

Brash620
02-13-2005, 04:49 AM
Check-raise the flop. Your second bet puts10 sb in the pot which means even gutshots are profitable. Raise to make hands like T,9 pay and hope to make overcards fold.

Brainwalter
02-13-2005, 08:55 AM
Hero is closing the action with a call.

Michael Davis
02-13-2005, 08:56 AM
Flop play was perfect. Bet the turn and fold to a raise.

-Michael