PDA

View Full Version : lil' help please. Nonplussed about the best way to play this hand.

rvS
02-12-2005, 07:51 PM
I was very nonplussed /images/graemlins/confused.gif about the correct way to go about this hand and wanted to get some input from anyone who had a better idea. BTW, CO is 28%vpip 15%pfr and 3.45 aggression. BB no valid read on. (nothing crazy though).

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 12.20 BB

adamstewart
02-12-2005, 08:28 PM
Given read on CO, seems he'll play overcards and overpairs very similarly.

So, how about this line:

* Bet the flop, hopefully CO will raise and push out BB. Then simply call CO's turn raise, and see what falls on the turn.

* 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif is a good turn card for you, imo. You should lead this turn. (Fold to a raise, but lead the river if he simply calls your turn bet).

Adam

rvS
02-12-2005, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the reply, I was leaning in the same direction. I now think betting out was the best play, and if the CO raised, I would either check/call down or bet out turn and fold to raise. check/calling down seems like a good choice due to the CO's aggression factor(think he would bet out with AK or AQ). Betting out an unthreatening turn and folding to a raise may be a bit better option(doubt he would raise w/ worse than 99). Thanks, I feel like I can play this hand a bit more confidently next time.

sinfulslick18
02-12-2005, 10:45 PM
maybe raise the flop. If he reraises BB will prolly fold. And if he is aggressive with his overcards it gives you a nice showdown. I would not pull a raise on the turn, could get to expensive.

-sinful