PDA

View Full Version : Extremely unusual Party NL 50 folds - software glitch??

BlueBear
02-12-2005, 05:30 PM
The following hand history is probably the strangest hand I have ever played. Two players VOLUNTARILY folding onto my bust draw! There are no disconnections but the fact that two players may have clicked the auto-fold button is very very unusual... or perhaps is this a case of a server glitch?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB ($30.15)
BB ($60.7)
UTG ($49.1)
MP ($44.1)
Hero ($151.4)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $1, Hero calls $1, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($4) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $6</font>, BB folds, MP calls $6, Hero calls $3.

Turn: ($22) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

River: ($22) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB folds, MP folds. &lt;----------- WTH is going on here???

Final Pot: $22

Results below:
Hero has 3h 4h (two pair, aces and sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins $22.

TwoShedsJackson
02-12-2005, 05:57 PM
More likely to be a case of your opponents being retards. I had two open-fold to me on the river in a 6 max game earlier today, and in another hand one guy called preflop and everyone, including the big blind, folded. Ours is not to question the internal logic of such people.

BlueBear
02-12-2005, 06:03 PM
Well, many players have open-folded (folded voluntarily) but I think that for 2 players to open-fold, now that's rare!

guppy
02-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Obviously you got incredibly lucky.

My guess is that you caught both of them with really poor busted draws that they "knew" couldn't possibly win (unless you had 34 of course) and they were embarassed to show down.

So both had something like 42o for a busted gutshot or 7d 2d for a backdoor flush draw on the flop