PDA

View Full Version : UNC-UConn thread

Clarkmeister
02-12-2005, 04:30 PM
Big game for the Heels. UConn is playing without their leading scorer Rashad Anderson, so they get some very fortunate timing, as UConn has been playing very well of late.

Definitely not the UConn of recent years, but they are coming off a big win at Syracuse and UNC still hasn't beaten anyone on the road, so it should still be a good game. I'd expect UNC to win in a close game that comes right down to the wire.

freakintemp
02-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Damn son, now THAT is an avatar.

Freakin

Rob Blackburn
02-12-2005, 05:49 PM
I hope UNC can rebound after the Duke loss, I would hate for them drop two straight, especially a team that has a key player injured.

You know the UCONN coaching staff burnt up the tape machine watching the Dook/UNC game trying to get a defensive strategy, hopfully Roy and the boys did the same to counter gettign suffocated again.

MEbenhoe
02-12-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UConn is playing without their leading scorer Rashad Anderson

[/ QUOTE ]

GAME OVER

This looked like a really close game on paper, but take Rashad Anderson out, and I could very easily see UNC opening this one up.

Uston
02-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Definitely not the UConn of recent years

Don't be so sure. I believe they have the same record as last year's NCAA Champion team and are far better at this point in the season than the Sweet Sixteen team of 2002/03. They'll be one of the six or seven toughest out in this year's tourney.

Anderson's injury bothers me far less than Marcus Williams being sick, as UConn really has no backup PG. Denham Brown would see most of the minutes at the three tomorrow even if RA was healthy.

Rob Blackburn
02-13-2005, 05:12 PM
Bizzare game, though I am happy for the win and I like the fact that UNC can play their C game and still beat a very good UCONN team and only lose by 1 to DOOK @ Cameron.

The problem is if they continue this type of play into the ACC tourney and then the NCAA, there is no Final Four in their future.

The game today also helped my position that the Big East has the worst officiating in the country.

Benjamin
02-13-2005, 11:20 PM
Pretty good game for the Heels. Nice to see Felton bounce back with a strong game after his miserable showing on Wednesday.

Connecticut had 16 blocks (!) vs. only 1 for Carolina. And Carolina only shot 40%. Amazing they won. That quick D kept 'em in it 'til Rashad could wake up and get some [censored] going on the offensive end.

B.