PDA

View Full Version : 99 UTG - calling down

Fiddler
02-12-2005, 04:06 PM
No numbers on villain but he seemed to be a tricky LAG with a clue. He was very aggressive post-flop and from what I had seen he didn't run any pure bluffs. He could raise with very little, but something, to push you off a hand.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Pop him on the turn even if there was a good chance of him 3-betting with whatever he CR with? Or let him bluff?

Scotch78
02-12-2005, 04:23 PM
If you think he'll check-raise this flop with the flush draw or a smaller pair, then you are definitely ahead often enough to hit him back. With JJ I'd be okay waiting until the turn, but with 99 I'm inclinded to re-raise the flop. If you do pop the turn (and he just calls), what's your plan for the river? Will he pay off with a busted flush draw since there's only one paint card on board? Will he check-raise bluff you with a pair when the 4-straight hits?

Scott

Fiddler
02-12-2005, 05:46 PM
Too many questions... must be why I kept hitting "call"... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I do think he'll CR the flop and keep betting with very little, including a draw or a smaller pair that he might fold if I 3-bet the flop. If I had popped the turn and he called I would probably check through the river since I think he CR or folds a hand I beat before he calls with it.

I feel weird about the hand... I don't really like it but against him maybe it wasn't so bad. Of course I could just be trying to justify it to myself since I know the results.

Fiddler
02-13-2005, 06:29 AM
Villain had 22 and MHIG.