PDA

View Full Version : Stop and go mess

Rake_in
02-12-2005, 03:47 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $3. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Not sure why I called from this position. This is usually a fold for me, but since it happened...

Flop: (10.33 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO calls, UTG folds, Hero calls.

I call the raise planning on folding the turn unimproved.

Turn: (8.16 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

The second ace indicates that it is unlikely that MP2 also has an ace, so I come out betting with what I think is the best hand. Since I get raised, I plan to check call the river unless, of course, I improve (correct?).

crunchy1
02-12-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The second ace indicates that it is unlikely that MP2 also has an ace, so I come out betting with what I think is the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that he raised you PF, on the flop and on the turn. I think you're looking at a bigger Ace here. 2-pair/fullboat are unlikely as he probably wouldn't have raised PF with A2/A4/22/44. Your really only getting 5.5:1 on the bluff here as you'll likely have to call his turn raise and a river bet given the action so far. Even so a call/check/call may be in order (you still have three good outs to the win and likely 6 outs to the split). Tough hand.

Schizo
02-12-2005, 06:31 PM
Ugh fold pf.