PDA

View Full Version : Gametime + and lock-ups

NateDog
02-12-2005, 03:33 PM
Couldn't find specific recommendations at the GT+ forums.

I am having consistent problems with GT+ and PT locking up during imports. I play at stars, so HH's are not stored in my PC, I auto import to Outlook.

Running when play:
Outlook Express
PT (Auto-import, Auto-request, Auto-rate, 2-3 gametime windows.
Stars (2-3 windows)
GT+ (2-3 windows)
MSM

Running XP home, Pentium 4 2.6
Wireless LAN, but router is 18" from PC.

Any specific fixes I can use?

TGoldman
02-12-2005, 03:39 PM
First make sure that you aren't including your own stats in the GT+ window. That's the most common cause of slowdowns. You might also want to try turning off your auto-rate options. That will speed up your import. Your CPU is definitely fast enough to run it without any problems. I'm guessing you have at least 256 MB of RAM?

NateDog
02-12-2005, 03:48 PM
Right, 256 RAM (shoulda got the upgrade to 512, dammit Dell!). My stats are not included. It seems to be a problem when GT updates at the same time that PT autorequests. The timers are set at 5 minute intervals for the imports, and 1 minute intervals for the requests. Is there any way to stagger these so they never synch?

Oh, and don't ever try to re-position a table while GT is updating. To quote the AOL commercial "I want my computer to sound like a Yeti, ghdhdhhdoowwwooooooooooooo"

I read something about setting priority levels thru task manager, but I get nervous when that pop-up tells my I could really, really F things up. Is this a simple fix?

Thanks again

Nate

TobDog
02-12-2005, 04:03 PM
Remember the Microsoft rule: If it tells you it may "F" up your computer, it will not, if it just deletes something without asking, then your in trouble. Dude, just try PV, you will probably find it better with the power. You want lag on your players not your computer!

NateDog
02-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Does PV work with Stars? I was under the impression it was a Party specific app..

TobDog
02-12-2005, 05:27 PM
It has a stars mod in the layout manager, but his recent info said it does not yet.

NateDog
02-12-2005, 05:31 PM
Thanks!